Pavitra Bhagya (transl. Sacred fate) is an Indian romantic drama television series produced by Ekta Kapoor under Balaji Telefilms. It aired from 2 March 2020 to 2 October 2020 on Colors TV and starred Aneri Vajani, Kunal Jaisingh, Vaishnavi Prajapati and Riva Arora.
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Developed by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Screenplay by||Gautam Hegde|
|Story by||Pavni Mehandiratta|
|Directed by||Aniruddha Rajderkar|
|Creative director||Palki Malhotra|
|Opening theme||Ishq Hay....|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||74|
|Production locations||Mumbai, India|
|Running time||20-25 minutes|
|Production company||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||2 March –|
2 October 2020
The story is about college-mates Pranati Mishra and Reyansh Khurana who fall in love but go their separate ways when Reyansh comes to know Pranati is pregnant. Pranati has a daughter but her mother, Shobha, lies that she had a miscarriage. Shobha sends the baby to an orphanage. 8 years later, Pranati comes to know about the existence of her daughter, Jugnu, and she and Reyansh are given her joint custody for six months. Pranati moves into the Khurana house where the story continues along few sub-plots such as the mystery of the death behind Reyansh's mother, Riya and Armaan's Love Story, the custody battle of Jugnu, Archit and Navya sibling relations, Jugnu's kidnapping, the evil intentions of elder brother Vardhan and Mallika who wants to marry Reyansh. On Pranati's birthday, Reyansh's family has to move back to their old house because Vardhan has been sent to jail. Pranati and Reyansh do the pooja in the old house where the story ends off with Reyansh asking Pranathi inside his head to marry him and Pranati responds saying yes in her head.
- Aneri Vajani as Pranati Mishra / Khurana – Shobhna and Madan's daughter; Prabhas and Chetna's sister; Archit's former fiancée; Reyansh's wife; Jugnu's mother
- Kunal Jaisingh as Reyansh Khurana – Shamsher and Anjana's son; Vardhan's brother; Pranati's husband; Jugnu's father
- Vaishnavi Prajapati / Riva Arora as Jugnu Khurana: Pranati and Reyansh's daughter; Shamsher and Anjana's granddaughter
- Vibha Chibber as Baljeet Khurana – Shamsher and Sangram's mother; Vardhan, Reyansh, Armaan and Maan's grandmother; Jugnu's great-grandmother
- Sherrin Varghese as Shamsher Khurana – Baljeet's son; Sangram's brother; Anjana's husband; Vardhan and Reyansh's father
- Anjali Gupta as Anjana Khurana – Shamsher's wife, Vardhan and Reyansh's mother
- Bhavya Sachdeva as Vardhan Khurana – Shamsher and Anjana's son; Reyansh's brother; Anisha's husband
- Charu Mehra as Anisha Khurana – Vardhan's wife
- Jaideep Singh as Sangram Khurana – Baljeet's son; Shamsher's brother; Bindiya's husband; Armaan and Maan's father
- Roma Bali as Bindiya Khurana – Sangram's wife; Armaan and Maan's mother
- Mohit Hiranandini as Armaan Khurana – Bindiya and Sangram's son; Maan's brother; Vardhan and Reyansh's cousin; Riya's husband
- Prema Mehta as Riya Khurana – Armaan's girlfriend turned wife
- Yatin Mehta as Maan Khurana – Bindiya and Sangram's son; Armaan's brother; Vardhaan and Reyansh's cousin
- Ajay Chakraborty as Madan Mishra – Shobhna's husband; Pranati, Prabhas and Chetna's father.
- Ruma Rajni as Shobhna Mishra – Madan's wife; Pranati, Prabhas and Chetna's mother.
- Pratiksha Rai as Chetna Mishra – Shobhna and Madan's daughter; Pranati and Prabhas's sister
- Jatin Shah as Prabhas Mishra – Shobhna and Madan's son; Pranati and Chetna's brother; Pallavi's husband
- Abhishek Verma as Archit Ahuja – Sumitra's son; Navya's brother; Pranati's former fiancé
- Vibha Bhagat/Divyajyotee Sharama as Sumitra Ahuja – Archit, Navya and Nupur's mother
- Karan Sharma as Mr. Ahuja – Sumitra's husband; Archit, Navya and Nupur's father
- Avantika Choudhary as Navya Ahuja – Sumitra's daughter; Archit and Nupur's sister; Armaan's ex-girlfriend
- Ruby Bharaj as Nupur Ahuja – Sumitra's daughter; Archit and Navya's sister
- Param Nagar as Dilsher Singh – Reyansh's best friend
- Karan Taneja as Matron's assistant
- Aashish Kaul as Vishambhar Gehlot – Riya and Sameer's father
- Vidyut Xavier as Sameer Gehlot – Vishambhar's son, Riya's brother, Mallika's fiancé
- Neha Pednekar as Mallika – Mantri Ji's daughter; Reyansh's former girlfriend; Sameer's fiancé
The series was mainly filmed at the sets in Killick Nixon studio.
The production and airing of the show was halted indefinitely in late March 2020 due to the COVID-19 outbreak in India. Because of the outbreak, the filming of the series was halted on 19 March 2020. After three months, the filming resumed and new episodes started airing from 13 July 2020. Vaishnavi Prajapati was replaced by Riva Arora as Jugnu.
Pavitra Bhagya was scheduled to come back with season 2 post Bigg Boss 14. In January 2021, Bigg Boss 14 Was extended till February 2021 which lead to cancellation of Pavitra Bhagya 2; However The Serial May Return Later This Year On Either Colors TV, Voot Select Original or ALT Balaji.
The Times of India quoted that Aneri Vajani and Kunal Jaisingh's show looks promising; child actor Vaishnavi Prajapati steals the limelight and said, "Jugnu in Pavitra Bhagya stands out as a child actor. Sporting a tomboy look, Jugnu’s level of naughtiness and attitude is level: Boss. With a fresh cast, the storyline of Pavitra Bhagya is also interesting and promising. However, Aneri’s Pranati is a bit over the top when it comes to showing her emotional moments. Abhishek’s character Archit is also quite progressive and we can see in the upcoming episodes if his role stays the same. Kunal Jaisingh is good with the casanova image and he is justifying his role as Reyansh aka Rey."
- "Ekta Kapoor's Upcoming Kunal Jaisingh Starrer To Be Called 'Pavitra Bhagya'?". India Forums. Retrieved 2020-02-05.
- "Aneri Vajani to pair opposite Kunal Jaisingh for Ekta Kapoor's next". The Times of India.
- "Shooting for Kumkum Bhagya, Kundali Bhagya and Pavitra Bhagya halted". ABP News.
- "Television Industry in a Slump With the Lockdown". The Quint.
- "Coronavirus outbreak: Film and television shootings to stop till March 31". India Today.
- "COVID-19 impact: TV industry braces for loss as production stalled". Live Mint.
- "Ekta Kapoor, Nia Sharma and others are excited to resume shoot of their TV shows". The Indian Express.
- "Pavitra Bhagya new promo: Reyansh refuses to take daughter Jugnu's responsibility and admits he's selfish". The Times of India.
- "Here's When Your Favourite TV Shows Will Start Airing". The Quint.
- "Famous Villain Maninee Mishra will be returning to the TV world, will play a new role in TV show Pavitra Bhagya?". Times Now.
- "The Bachchans, Covid and the panic in the film and TV industry". India Today.
- "Naagin 4 to Pavitra Bhagya; TV shows that were launch with much fanfare but failed to perform". The Times of India.
- "Kunal Jaisingh: 'It didn't come as a surprise to me when 'Pavitra Bhagya' went off air'". The Times of India.
- "Post Bigg Boss 14, Kunal Jaisingh and Aneri Vajani's Pavitra Bhagya to return with season 2?". pinkvilla. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- "Pavitra Bhagya review: Aneri Vajani and Kunal Jaisingh's show looks promising; child actor Vaishnavi Prajapati steals the limelight". The Times of India.