Pauline MacDonald (born 17 April 1975) is a Scottish football coach and former player who was appointed manager of the Scotland under-17 women's team in October 2017. As a player MacDonald made her senior Scotland debut in 1992, served the national team as captain and amassed a total of 65 caps. A versatile defender or midfielder, MacDonald played at club level in the American USL W-League and the English FA Women's Premier League, as well as in her native Scotland.
|Date of birth||17 April 1975|
|Place of birth||Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (163 cm)|
|Playing position(s)||Defender, Midfielder|
|Central Fife L.F.C.|
|Cumbernauld United L.F.C.|
|Cove Rangers L.F.C.|
|2017–||Scotland under-17 women|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:06, 15 October 2017 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 13:06, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
MacDonald began playing organised football as an 11-year-old, with Central Fife L.F.C.. She moved to Cumbernauld United L.F.C., then to the dominant team of the era Cove Rangers L.F.C. who were based in Aberdeen. In 1998 MacDonald played for Miami Gliders of the USL W-League and was named to the second division all-star team.
In September 2004 MacDonald was appointed as a women's football development officer for Edinburgh, a position jointly funded by the Scottish Football Association (SFA) and the local authority. Structured female youth football was completely lacking in the area and MacDonald made it her priority to remedy the situation.
MacDonald guided Dalkeith L.F.C. to promotion into the top-flight Scottish Women's Premier League in 2007–2008, her first season as a club coach. They took their Premier League place as Boroughmuir Thistle, having undergone a name change.
After approximately a decade of working for the SFA as coach and assistant coach with the national women's youth teams, MacDonald was appointed coach of the Scotland under-17 women's team in October 2017. She joined her former Scotland teammates Shelley Kerr and Pauline Hamill as a full-time female coach on the SFA payroll.
- "W-LEAGUE: 1998 W-1 and W-2 All-League Teams". Soccer America. 30 August 1998. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "ELFC News Page for September 2006". 21 September 2006. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Ex-Scots star signs up for girls' football". The Scotsman. 10 September 2004. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Pauline proud after steering Dalkeith Ladies into top flight". The Scotsman. 12 July 2008. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "MacDonald appointed as Women's Under-17s head coach". Scottish Football Association. 3 October 2017. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
|This biographical article related to women's association football in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|