Paul Strasburger, Baron Strasburger
The Lord Strasburger
Baron Strasburger in 2019
|Member of the House of Lords|
|Assumed office |
10 January 2011
|Born||July 31, 1946|
|Political party||Liberal Democrats|
Involvement with the Liberal DemocratsEdit
Strasburger first became involved in the Liberal Democrats in his home town of Bath, Somerset in 2005. Strasburger's appointment to the House of Lords was announced in November 2010, and he was created a life Peer on 10 January 2011 as Baron Strasburger, of Langridge in the County of Somerset, taking his seat on 12 January 2011.
Strasburger is a major donor to the Liberal Democrats. Before his appointment to the Lords, he had donated £709,900.40 to the Liberal Democrats, including £483,625 to the central party, £170,719.29 to his local constituency in Bath, and smaller sums to Lib Dem MPs Menzies Campbell, Don Foster and Chris Huhne, as well as constituency parties in Wells, Eastleigh and North East Somerset, all between 2006 and 2010.
Strasburger also contributed to the defence of Michael Brown, the convicted fraudster who fled after donating £2.4 million to the Liberal Democrats. Strasburger had also put up the bail money for Brown, which was forfeited when Brown fled.
- "Paul Strasburger Liberal Democrat peerage | Bath Chronicle". Thisisbath.co.uk. 19 November 2010. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- Paul Strasburger (24 January 2014). "Paul Strasburger". Libdems.org.uk. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "No. 59670". The London Gazette. 13 January 2011. p. 419.
- "Introduction: Lord Strasburger: 12 Jan 2011: House of Lords debates". TheyWorkForYou.com. 12 January 2011. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Search - The Electoral Commission". Pefonline.electoralcommission.org.uk. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Newsnight: Michael Crick: New peer Strasburger 'left out of pocket' by Brown". BBC. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- Biography on the Liberal Democrats' website
- Lord Strasburger on They Work For You
- Voting record on Public Whip
|This biography of a life peer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|