Paul Davids is an American independent filmmaker and writer, especially in the area of science fiction. Often collaborating with his wife Hollace, Davids has written and directed several films. He has also written episodes for the television series Transformers as well as a spin-off of the Star Wars series with his wife informally known as the Jedi Prince series.
- Roswell (1994), a documentary about the Roswell UFO incident
- Timothy Leary's Dead (1997)
- Starry Night (1999), a film about Van Gogh
- The Sci-Fi Boys (2006) documentary called featuring interviews with Forry Ackerman, Ray Bradbury, Ray Harryhausen, and many more sci-fi notables.
- Jesus in India The Movie (2008) – a documentary on "American adventurer" Edward T. Martin's quest for the supposed unknown years of Jesus and Russian Nicolas Notovitch's claimed lost Life of Issa.
- David Kaiser, W. Patrick McCray Groovy Science: Knowledge, Innovation, and American Counterculture 022637291X 2016 the 1996 fictional film Timothy Leary's Dead, directed by Paul Davids, shows Leary's friends, including Ram Dass, watching as his head is removed and frozen.
- Don Glut I Was a Teenage Movie Maker: The Book- 2007 -0786430419 Page 196 "The Sci-Fi Boys (2006), a documentary written and directed by Paul Davids, showed how so many professionals in today's movie industry had once made amateur movies that were largely influenced by Forry Ackerman and his magazine, and also by the stop-motion animation work of Ray Harryhausen. Bob Burns, Dennis Muren, Rick Baker and I"
- W. Barnes Tatum – Jesus: A Brief History −2009 Page 237 "On the site, there appears the title in English with eye-catching flourishes: Jesus in India.50 Instead of a narrative retelling of the Jesus story, Jesus in India follows the American adventurer Edward T. Martin, from Lampasas, Texas, as he searches for the manuscript claimed long ago to have been seen by Nicholas Notovitch at the Hemis monastery, near Tibet. The film represents a cinematic quest for Jesus' missing years. Experts, one of whom is the Dalai Lama, representing a variety of religious and scholarly viewpoints provide appropriate commentary. The viewers visit the tomb in Srinagar, Kashmir, where Jesus was buried, according to the Ahmadiyya Islamic sect.."
- Paul Davids' official website
- Paul Davids UFO (link broken – July 8, 2010)
- Review of The Sci-Fi Boys documentary at The Thunder Child
- Paul Davids on IMDb
- An exchange with Cecil Adams, of "The Straight Dope," on the Roswell Incident
- Paul Davids at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
|This article about a science fiction writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|