This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Paul Carafotes (born March 23, 1959 in Somerville, Massachusetts) is an American actor, possibly best known for playing Harold Dyer in the television drama Knots Landing from 1988 to 1990. In 2006 Carafotes directed his first short film, Club Soda, edited into Stories USA. He has starred in many films, TV programs and commercials, and on stage.
Carafotes began his career with a performance at the age of 20 that Variety called "amazing" for his portrayal of Ralph Morrelli in the 20th Century Fox film Headin' for Broadway. Followed that with a sweet depiction of John Carlucio in Choices. This was to be Demi Moore screen debut as Carafotes girlfriend. He then gave a gritty performance as the working class Vinnie Salvucci co-starring alongside Tom Cruise in All the Right Moves, and delivered a memorable performance in the industry short film Scriptfellas. Carafotes won an L.A. Drama Critics Award for writing "Beyond the Ring", for which he was also nominated for best actor. He also won the audience award at the Beverly Hills film festival for directing and writing super natural, fantasy short film,Club Soda, which starred James Gandolfini, Louis Gossett, Jr., Joe Mantegna and Michael Rispoli. In 2010 Carafotes returned to acting in the Emmy award-winning series Damages, where he was a regular as the "Man In Overcoat" aka Ben De Falco.
- Headin' for Broadway (1980) as Ralph Morelli
- Choices (1981) as John Carluccio
- All the Right Moves (1983) as Vinnie
- Clan of the Cave Bear (1986) as Brug
- The Ladies Club (1986) as Eddie
- Blind Date (1987) as Disco Dancer
- Journey to the Center of the Earth (1989) as Richard
- Italian Movie (1993) as Phillipo
- Fight Club (1999) as Salvador the bartender (uncredited)
- Scriptfellas (1999) as Barry Goldberg
- Lonely Hearts (2006) as Detective Paco
- Club Soda (2006) director, writer, producer
- American Breakdown (2008) director
- @urFRENZ (2010) as Terry
Mind Hunter (2019) Rod
- Novakovich, Lilana (18 September 1989). "'Harold' wants to be a movie star". Toronto Star. Retrieved 24 February 2018.
- Amatangelo, Amy (9 January 2005). "TELEVISION - Somerville native Carafotes acts up on 'CSI: NY'". Boston Herald. Retrieved 24 February 2018.
- "Actor Author Paul Carafotes and The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles" (11 May 2011). Nashville Examiner. Retrieved 24 February 2018.