Paul à Québec
|Paul à Québec|
|Directed by||François Bouvier|
|Produced by||Nathalie Brigitte Bustos|
|Written by||François Bouvier|
|Based on||Paul à Québec by Michel Rabagliati|
|Music by||Benoît Charest|
|Edited by||Michel Arcand|
Based on Michel Rabagliati's graphic novel of the same title, the film stars François Létourneau and Julie LeBreton as Paul and Lucie, a happily-married couple struggling to cope with Lucie's father Roland's (Gilbert Sicotte) diagnosis with terminal pancreatic cancer. The cast also includes Louise Portal, Bobby Beshro, Brigitte Lafleur, Myriam LeBlanc, Julien Poulin, Mathieu Quesnel, Patrice Robitaille, Nathaly Thibault and Karine Vanasse.
Rabagliati originally approached Bouvier about adapting either Paul à Québec or Paul a un travail d'été for film, because he was a fan of Bouvier's earlier film Winter Stories (Histoires d'hiver). Around the same time as that personal contact, Karine Vanasse and Nathalie Brigitte Bustos, two of the film's producers, approached La Pastèque, Rabagliati's publisher, to inquire about optioning film rights to Paul à Quebec.
- "Review: Paul à Québec is a moving hymn to life". Montreal Gazette, September 17, 2015.
- "Celebrated comic book captures ‘quintessential Quebec’". Toronto Star, September 10, 2015.
- "Matters of life and death; Paul a Quebec, the beloved bande dessinee, comes alive on the big screen with a portrait of a family touched by cancer". Montreal Gazette, September 18, 2016.
- "Paul à Québec: à l'image de la BD". La Presse, September 14, 2015.
- "La passion d’augustine wins big at Le gala du cinema Quebecois". Playback, March 21, 2016.