Paul-Loup Chatin (born 19 October 1991) is a professional racing driver from France. He is best known for winning the European Le Mans Series LMP2 class title in 2014, with Nelson Panciatici and Oliver Webb.
|Born||19 October 1991|
|ELMS – LMP2 career|
|Current team||Signatech Alpine|
|Best finish||1st in 2014|
|ELMS – LMPC|
Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0
Formula Renault 2.0 Alps
F4 Eurocup 1.6
|ELMS – LMP2|
ELMS – LMPC
Chatin made his début in single-seater in 2010, joining the F4 Eurocup 1.6 series. Chatin finished fourth in the championship, with two wins at Silverstone, behind his future Eurocup rivals Stoffel Vandoorne and Norman Nato.
In 2011, he graduated to the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 series, with the Tech 1 Racing team. He finished ninth with a win on home soil at Le Castellet, and another podium finish, at Silverstone. He also had a full-time campaign in Formula Renault 2.0 Alps with the same team, collecting three consecutive victories at the Hungaroring and Le Castellet, finally finishing third in the championship.
For the 2012 season, Chatin remained in the Eurocup with Tech 1. He improved to sixth in the championship, but failed to achieve a victory during the campaign. He defended his third position in Formula Renault 2.0 Alps, losing the title fight to Daniil Kvyat and Nato.
Sports car racingEdit
In 2013, Chatin decided to switch to sports car racing, joining Team Endurance Challenge in the LMPC category of the European Le Mans Series. He had just one full-time rival and clinched the series title after three wins at Imola, Spielberg and the Hungaroring.
For the 2014 season he moved to the LMP2 category, joining the Signatech Alpine squad. He was victorious at Spielberg and had another two podiums on his way to the championship title, with team-mates Nelson Panciatici and Oliver Webb. Chatin also contested the 24 Hours of Le Mans, where he finished third in the LMP2 category.
|2010||F4 Eurocup 1.6||Autosport Academy||14||2||2||2||4||103||4th|
|2011||Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0||Tech 1 Racing||14||1||1||0||2||75||9th|
|Formula Renault 2.0 Alps||14||3||2||3||9||326||3rd|
|2012||Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0||Tech 1 Racing||14||0||0||0||1||77||6th|
|Formula Renault 2.0 Alps||14||1||2||1||11||194||3rd|
|2013||Porsche Carrera Cup France||Tsunami RT||10||1||0||0||1||91||9th|
|Porsche Carrera Cup Italy||2||1||1||0||2||32||9th|
|ELMS – LMPC||Team Endurance Challenge||5||3||2||4||5||115||1st|
|2014||ELMS – LMP2||Signatech Alpine||5||1||0||0||3||78||1st|
|24 Hours of Le Mans – LMP2||1||0||0||0||1||N/A||3rd|
24 Hours of Le Mans resultsEdit
|2014||Signatech-Alpine|| Oliver Webb
|2015||Signatech-Alpine|| Nelson Panciatici
|2016||Panis-Barthez Compétition|| Fabien Barthez
|Ligier JS P2-Nissan||LMP2||347||12th||8th|
|2018||IDEC Sport|| Paul Lafargue
|2019||IDEC Sport|| Paul Lafargue
Awards & Nationale TeamEdit
|2014||Signatech-Alpine||Alpine A450b-Nissan||LMP2||Prix Jean Rondeau|
|2013||Team Endurance Challenge||Oreca||ELMS-LMPC||Revelation of the Year 2013|
|2010||Autosport Academy||F4||F4 - 1.6L||1st Volant EuroFormula|
|2012||Tech1Racing||2.0L||WSR 2.0L||FFSA French Team|
|2011||Tech1Racing||2.0L||WSR 2.0L||FIA Young Driver Excellence Academy|
- "Biography". Paul-Loup Chatin. Archived from the original on 22 November 2015. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "F4 Eurocup 1.6 2010". driverdb.com. Driver Database. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Tech 1 Racing Signs Paul-Loup Chatin". PaddockTalk. PaddockTalk LLC. 11 February 2011. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- Allen, Peter (20 September 2011). "PaddockScout Weekend Roundup: 17–18 September". Paddock Scout. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
Paul-Loup Chatin scored a home victory in the first race from pole position, his maiden win in the series.
- "Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup 2011". driverdb.com. Driver Database. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Formula Renault 2.0 Alps 2011 standings". driverdb.com. Driver Database. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Paul-Loup Chatin and Matthieu Vaxivière, two Equipe de France drivers, join Tech 1 Racing". World Series by Renault. Renault Sport. 1 February 2012. Archived from the original on 4 February 2012. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Formula Renault 2.0 Alps 2012 standings". driverdb.com. Driver Database. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Team Endurance Challenge – Paul Loup Chatin and Gary Hirsch form the third driver line-up". European Le Mans Series. 21 March 2013. Archived from the original on 10 September 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
| European Le Mans Series
With: Nelson Panciatici & Oliver Webb
| European Le Mans Series
With: Memo Rojas