Patrick Warren (born March 3, 1957) is an American musician, composer and music producer. He is known for his work on the films Magnolia, Fifty Shades of Grey, Boogie Nights and Kevin Smith's Red State, as well as the television series True Detective for which he composed and performed his original music for which he was awarded an Emmy. He composed the theme song and the original score to the Showtime original series The Chi. As a recording artist, he has worked with Michael Penn, Fiona Apple, The Wallflowers, Eagle-Eye Cherry, Steve Nicks and Liz Phair. As a touring musician, he has completed several successful world tours with Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Lana Del Rey. He is globally known as an expert Chamberlin artist.
|Born||March 26, 1957|
Santa Barbara, California, U.S.
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, music producer|
While Patrick Warren is an accomplished piano and keyboard player whose work can be heard on Grammy Award-winning records and Emmy Award-winning television series, as well as dozens of feature films including Pleasantville and Across the Universe, he is among the top Chamberlin artists in the world. The Chamberlin is an electro-mechanical keyboard that was first introduced in 1948. Patrick Warren can be heard playing a Chamberlin on many now classic albums including Fiona Apple’s debut album Tidal from 1996, on the song "Road Trippin'" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers for their 1999 album Californication, and Lucinda Williams' Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone from 2014.
- "Music for 'True Detective': T Bone Burnett Digs Deep for Eerie HBO Drama". mixonline.com.
- "Showtime's 'The Chi' to Feature Music By Patrick Warren". filmmusicreporter.com.
- "Fiona Apple – Tidal". discogs.com.
- "In Montclair, Fiona Apple drives the screw deeper". nj.com.
- "LP Duplo Lana Del Rey Honeymoon". vinylstyle.com.br.
- "Inside Track: Lana Del Rey 'Lust For Life'Secrets Of The Mix Engineers: Kieron Menzies & Dean Reid". soundonsound.com.
- "T-Bone Burnett And Friends - Michael Penn & Patrick Warren Introduction (T-Bone Walker)". pastemagazine.com.
- "PASSION PLAY". loc.gov.
- "Members of Wilco, Medeski Martin & Wood celebrate the music of the Mellotron with multi-day festival=commercialappeal.com".
- "Chamberlin". filmscoremonthly.com.
- "Michael Penn". planetmellotron.com.
- "Chamberlin". gforcesoftware.com.
- "Chamberlin". nordkeyboards.com.
- "Review: Fiona Apple serves the emotion raw at Stage AE". post-gazette.com.
- "Lucinda Williams – Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone". louisianamusicfactory.com.
- "Road Trippin' Red Hot Chili Peppers". genius.com.