This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (February 2020)
Joseph Patrick Cranshaw (June 17, 1919 – December 28, 2005) was an American character actor known for his distinctive look and deadpan humor. He is best known for one of his last roles, that of Joseph "Blue" Pulaski, a fraternity brother, in the 2003 hit comedy Old School. Cranshaw also starred as Sheriff Bob in the Air Bud movies and he played the same role in Air Buddies for the final time.
|Born||June 17, 1919|
Bartlesville, Oklahoma, U.S.
|Died||December 28, 2005 (aged 86)|
Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Despite an acting span of more than 40 years and some 102 appearances, Cranshaw's first credited film role came at the age of 41, in The Amazing Transparent Man (1960). Cranshaw's mild-mannered and gentlemanly demeanor led him to a number of roles as bank tellers, store managers, and grandfathers. His major credits include Bonnie and Clyde (1967), Bandelero! (1968) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978), Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (1985), Moving (1988), The Hudsucker Proxy (1994), Everyone Says I Love You (1996), Nothing to Lose (1997), Almost Heroes (1998), Broken Vessels (1998), Best in Show (2000), Bubble Boy (2001), and Old School (2003). He appeared in more than 50 television series, including Alice and After MASH.
- The Amazing Transparent Man (1960) - Security Guard
- The Yesterday Machine (1963)
- Under Age (1964) - W.J. Earnhardt
- Bonnie and Clyde (1967) - Bank Teller (uncredited)
- Bandolero! (1968) - Bank Clerk
- Adam-12 (1974) - Jealous Husband
- Nightmare Honeymoon (1974) - Old Bail Boy
- Slumber Party '57 (1976) - Store Owner
- Thunder and Lightning (1977) - Taylor
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978) - Western Union Messenger
- The Private Eyes (1980) - Roy
- The Gong Show Movie (1980) - Man Dying In Elevator
- ’’CHiPs’’ (1980) Kidnap - Carpenter
- Yes, Giorgio (1982) - Man on Gurney
- Diff’rent Strokes (1983) - Old Man as Arnold Jackson
- The Beverly Hillbillies (1993) - Reverend Mason
- The Hudsucker Proxy (1994) - Ancient Sorter
- Everyone Says I Love You (1996) - Grandpa
- Nothing to Lose (1997) - Henry
- Broken Vessels (1998) - Gramps
- Almost Heroes (1998) - Jackson
- MVP: Most Valuable Primate (2000) - Ron
- Best in Show (2000) - Leslie Ward Cabot
- Bubble Boy (2001) - Pappy / Pippy
- MVP: Most Vertical Primate (2001) - Ron
- Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch (2002) - Sheriff Bob
- Frank McKlusky, C.I. (2002) - The Old Man
- Old School (2003) - Blue
- Air Bud: Spikes Back (2003) - Sheriff Bob
- My Boss's Daughter (2003) - Old Man
- Breakin' All the Rules (2004) - Mr. Lynch
- Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005) - Jimmy D.
- Air Buddies (2006) - Sheriff Bob