Patrick Chukwuka Onyejiaka, popularly known as Patrick Chuka or ArtistChuka is a Nigerian artist who primarily works with Charcoal and Ballpoint pen on all surfaces, he also paints with Oil, Pastel and Acrylic. His art largely focuses on Realism and some aspect of Hyperrealism. Chuka is also into Sculpting.
A picture of Patrick Chuka.
Patrick Chukwuka Onyejiaka
17 March 2000
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
|Residence||The Bay Area, California, USA|
Early life and educationEdit
Chuka was born in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. His hometown is Abba, Nwangele, Imo, Nigeria and he is the first child of his parents in a family of four children. Due to family crises whilst growing up, his family relocated a lot, forcing him to change from one secondary school to another. He started his secondary school education in Federal Government College, Odogbolu, Ogun State, Nigeria from 2010 to 2011, before moving to Top Highflyer College, Isolo, Lagos, Nigeria from 2012 to 2014, he moved again to Weenoble International School, Ejigbo, Lagos, where he finally finished in 2015. He started making art at 15, immediately after graduating from secondary school with no formal training. Chuka later moved to the United States with his family in 2018. Now, he is currently a student of Berkeley City College, Berkeley, California, USA, where he is studying Biology.
Style and philosophyEdit
Chuka works primarily with charcoal and ballpoint pen on all surfaces ranging from paper, canvas, wood etc., he paints with oil, pastel and acrylic. Chuka also sculpt. Chuka, in the past has used his art to draw attention to trending topics such as feminism, marriage rights for minorites, LGBTQ rights, Gender equality, among others.
In 2018, his publication went viral, where he explained why he gets angry when reading the Bible. He criticized Solomon for asking God for Wisdom. In the aftermath of the divulgation, some people stood by his philosophy, while others didn't.
Some Prestigious ArtsEdit
- "Biography of Patrick Chuka". ArtistChuka. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "Artist Spotlight: Chuka Pencils". The Nygerian. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "Patrick Chuka – The Visual Artist". Creative Debuts. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "Patrick Chuka MTLS". Maple Tree Literary Supplement Canada. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "Nigerian artist explains why he gets angry when reading the Bible". Legit.ng. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "14: An Anthology of Queer Art, Vol. 2: "The Inward Gaze"". Brittle Paper. 16 January 2018. Retrieved 27 August 2019.