Patna Medical College and Hospital
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016)
Patna Medical College and Hospital (abbreviated as PMCH) was established in 1925 and originally known as Prince of Wales Medical College, is a medical college located in Patna, the state capital of Bihar, India.
|Patna Medical College Hospital|
|Location||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Affiliated university||Aryabhatta Knowledge University|
It is located on the southern bank of the river Ganges and is now affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University (previously: Patna University). The exact location is on Ashok Rajpath which is also home to other colleges of Patna University. It has more than 1748 beds which is at par with AIIMS. The emergency ward is called IGCE (Indira Gandhi Central Emergency) and has an additional 220 beds. It is one of the busiest hospitals in India. The average daily outpatient load is one of the highest in India.
Patna Medical college is situated in Ashok Rajpath. The nearest airport is the Patna Airport which is around 10–11 km from the campus. The nearest railway station is the Patna Junction around 5 km from the campus. Mithapur Bus Stand is 9–10 km from the campus.
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (January 2018)
- Dukhan Ram (Padma Bhushan)
- B. Mukhopadhyaya (Padma Bhushan)
- Narendra Kumar Pandey (1974 batch) – Padma Shri (2014) – Chairman and Director of Asian Institute of Medical Sciences
- S. N. Arya (Padma Shri)
- C. P. Thakur (former Union Minister)
- Gopal Prasad Sinha
- Sunil Shroff
- Vijay Prakash Singh (1972 batch)- Padma Shri (2003)
- Sinha, Nishant (16 October 2012). "Medical Council of India team inspects Patna Medical College and Hospital". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 17 May 2017. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "PMCH juniors doctors on strike". Hindustan Times. 14 June 2012. Archived from the original on 24 December 2016. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- Bhatia, Banjot Kaur (13 April 2014). "No incubator in Patna Medical College and Hospital paediatrics department". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 24 February 2018. Retrieved 24 December 2016.