Patrick Paul "Pat" Gelsinger has served as CEO of VMware since September 2012. Prior to becoming CEO of VMware he was President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure Products at EMC. Before joining EMC, he was the first Chief Technology Officer of Intel Corporation and Senior Vice-president and General Manager of the Digital Enterprise Group at Intel.
Gelsinger has written Balancing Your Family, Faith, & Work and has co-written Programming the 80386.
In September 2009, Pat Gelsinger left Intel to join EMC.
- Crawford, John H.; Gelsinger, Patrick P. (1987). Programming the 80386. Sybex Inc. ISBN 978-0-89588-381-0. LCCN 87061199.
- Gelsinger, Pat (2003). Balancing Your Family, Faith & Work. David C. Cook. ISBN 978-0781438995.
- Gelsinger, Pat (2008). The Juggling Act: Bringing Balance to Your Faith, Family, and Work. David C. Cook. ISBN 978-1434768742.
- "Pat Gelsinger, Chief Executive Officer". VMware. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- "Executive shuffle at Intel: Pat Gelsinger leaves to join EMC". The Mercury News. 2009-09-14. Retrieved 2019-08-06.
- Kevin McLaughlin (December 13, 2013), "Microsoft CEO Drama Intensifies As VMware, Qualcomm Execs Surface As Candidates", Computer Reseller News
- Kara Swisher (December 11, 2013), "With Microsoft CEO Race in Home Stretch and Mulally Fading, Here's My Dark-Horse Pick: VMware's Gelsinger", All Things D, The Wall Street Journal
- Ed McKernan (December 13, 2013), "Will Microsoft Hire Pat Gelsinger And Merge Wintel?", Seeking Alpha (online)