|Look up particle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A particle in the physical sciences is a small localized object to which can be ascribed physical properties.
Particle may also refer to:
- Particle (ecology), in marine and freshwater ecology, a small object
- Colloidal particle, part of a one-phase system of two or more components where the particles aren't individually visible
- Particle, the solid or liquid particles in an aerosol
- Granular material
- Particulates, in the areas of atmospheric physics and air pollution
- Nanoparticle, an object between 1 and 100 nanometers that behaves as a whole unit
- Point particle, or point mass, an idealization of an object with finite mass but of zero size
- A particle of a medium in continuum mechanics, meaning an infinitesimal portion of it.
- Self-propelled particles, a concept used in statistical physics to model swarms
- Subatomic particle:
- Suspended solids, in a liquid
Arts, entertainment, and mediaEdit
- Grammatical particle, a function word
- Particulate (disambiguation)
- Particle size (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles beginning with particle
- All pages with titles containing particle
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Particle.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.