Stony Island station (also known as Stony Island Avenue station) is the first electrified commuter rail station along the South Chicago Branch of the Metra Electric Line. The station is located in the median of 71st Street west of the intersection with Stony Island Avenue, and is 9.10 miles (14.65 km) away from the northern terminus at Randolph Street Station. In Metra's fare-based system, Stony Island is in zone B. As of 2018[update], Stony Island is the 189th busiest of Metra's 236 non-downtown stations, with an average of 99 weekday boardings.
|Location||71st Street and Stony Island Avenue|
South Shore, Chicago, Illinois
|Line(s)||South Chicago Subdistrict|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|2018||99 (average weekday) 9.2%|
|Rank||189 out of 236|
Along with Bryn Mawr station, Stony Island is one of two stations that run along the median of 71st Street. South Shore station is located just southeast of that end of that median. No parking lots are available for this station; however there are bus connections provided by the Chicago Transit Authority.
- 28 Stony Island
- 71 71st/South Shore
- "Commuter Rail System Station Boarding/Alighting Count: Summary Results Fall 2018" (PDF). Metra. April 2019. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 May 2019.
- Metra Railfan Tips - Metra Electric
- Metra – Stations – Stony Island station
- Stoney Island Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Dante Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View