Park Hoon-jung is a South Korean film director and screenwriter. Park first attracted notice within the Korean film industry for writing the screenplays for Kim Jee-woon's I Saw the Devil (2010) and Ryoo Seung-wan's The Unjust (2010). He made his debut as a director in 2011 with the period film The Showdown. With his second film, gangster epic New World (2013), Park scored a critical and commercial success.
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
|Revised Romanization||Bak Hun-jeong|
- The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion (2018) - director, screenplay
- V.I.P. (2017) - director, screenplay
- The Tiger: An Old Hunter's Tale (2015) - director, screenplay
- New World (2013) - director, screenplay
- The Showdown (2011) - director, screenplay
- The Unjust (2010) - screenplay
- I Saw the Devil (2010) - screenplay
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2017||Fantastic Fest 2017||Best Director - Thriller Features||V.I.P||Won|||
- Ryan, Michael (17 July 2011). "Fantasia 2011: Hoon-jung Park's The Unjust a stark vision of Korea's cancerous heart". Sound On Sight. Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- Baek, Jong-hyun (18 January 2013). "NEW WORLD Witnesses the Growth of Intense Desire". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- Park, Eun-jee (8 February 2013). "Three macho guys find a balance in Park Hoon-jung's latest thriller". Korea JoongAng Daily. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-11.
- Lee, Eun-sun (26 February 2013). "PARK Hoon-jung of NEW WORLD "A Film About Gangsters in Politicians' Suits"". Korean Cinema Today. Retrieved 2013-03-10.
- "Director Park Hoon-jung of 'V.I.P.' wins prize at Fantastic Fest". Yonhap News Agency. October 13, 2017. Retrieved 2017-10-13.