Paris France Temple
|Paris France Temple|
|Dedicated||21 May 2017 by |
Henry B. Eyring
|Floor area||44,175 sq ft (4,104 m2)|
|Preceded by||Hartford Connecticut Temple|
|Followed by||Tucson Arizona Temple|
|Official website • News & images|
Church president Thomas S. Monson announced that a Latter-day Saint temple would be constructed in France on July 15, 2011. New temples are generally announced during a church general conference. However, French newspapers reported the church's plans to build the temple at Le Chesnay, which prompted the early announcement, three months prior to the October 2011 conference.
The Paris France Temple is the first temple built in Metropolitan France, and the second associated with France, after the Papeete Tahiti Temple, and is located near Versailles. A public open house was held from April 22, 2017 through May 13, 2017, excluding Sundays. The temple was dedicated on May 21, 2017 by Henry B. Eyring.
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in France
- "Church Statement on Temple in France" (15 July 2011).
- Monson, Thomas S. (1 October 2011. "As We Meet Again" talk given at General Conference.
- "Elder Andersen visits construction site of Paris France Temple", Church News and Events, lds.org, 19 June 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- "Elder Andersen visits construction site of Paris France Temple".
- Peggy Fletcher, Stack (Jul 15, 2011). "Mormon breakthrough: a temple in France". The Salt Lake Tribune. Salt Lake Utah: MediaNews Group. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- Temples en Europe et en Polynésie Française
- Un temple mormon à deux pas du château de Versailles, Le Point
- "Open House and Dedication Dates Announced for Paris France Temple: First temple in France", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2016-11-07
- "Paris France Temple Is Dedicated: First French temple is the 156th worldwide", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2017-05-21
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|