Thekkumbhagam(Redirected from Paravur Thekkumbhagam)
Thekkumbhagam (Malayalam: തെക്കുംഭാഗം/പരവൂര് തെക്കുംഭാഗം) or Thekkumbhagom is the southern border town of Paravur municipality in the Kollam district of Kerala, India. It is located at the Southern tip of Kollam's coastal area. It is in the Arabian Sea coast. Thekkumbhagam-Kappil estuary point in the Kollam-Thiruvananthapuram coastal border is one of the emerging tourism spots in the state. On 1936, during formation, Thekkumbhagam was one of the 9 territories of Paravur Panchayath. Thekkumbhagam estuary is one among the twin estuary points in Paravur. The other one is Pozhikara estuary.
|Civic body||Paravur Municipality|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||Kollam - 14 km|
|Nearest town||Paravur - 4 km|
Estuary in Paravur ThekkumbhagamEdit
Paravur landmass' 3 sides are surrounded by water bodies - Paravur Lake, Nadayara Lake and Arabian Sea. Both north and south tips of Paravur town is having peninsula and estuary. Thekkumbhagam is at south of Paravur. Thekkumbhagam estuary is the most crowd-pulling estuary in the state. It is located at the borders of Kollam-Thiruvananthapuram districts. A beach in this location attracts crowds every day. The estuary can be accessed by travelling through Paravur-Kappil-Varkala road.
Places of interest near ThekkumbhagamEdit
Thekkumbhagam-Kappil bridge in Paravur. This bridge is the official border of Paravur Municipal region on south
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thekkumbhagam.|
- Paravur Thekkumbhagam
- Beach and backwaters beckon discerning tourists at Kappil
- History of Paravur
- "Estuaries Of India". Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Impact of Sea-Sand Filling in the Paravur-Kappil Backwaters, Southern Kerala with Special Reference to Phytoplankton Productivity" (PDF). Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Coastal Zone Management: By Ramakrishnan Korakandy. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Paravur-Pozhikkara-Thanni Road". Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Temples in Kollam district
- Elephant News
- Obituaries - Dr. K.M Bahauddin
- Dr. Hashim Passes Away