Parama Weera Vibhushanaya
The Parama Weera Vibhushanaya (PWV, Decoration of Supreme Heroism) (Sinhala: පරම වීර වීභූෂණය parama vīra vibhūṣaṇaya; Tamil: பரம வீர விபுஷனைய) is the highest decoration awarded by the Sri Lankan military, equivalent to the British Victoria Cross (the highest decoration in the Ceylon Army until 1972) and the United States Medal of Honor. The medal is awarded to all ranks of the tri services, to both regular- and volunteer forces, in recognition of:
|Parama Weera Vibhushanaya|
|Awarded by Sri Lanka|
|Eligibility||Military personnel only, all ranks|
|Awarded for||Individual acts of exceptional gallantry and bravery performed on a serviceperson's own initiative whilst on active service, without any regard for their own life or well-being|
(including awards to MIA personnel later declared KIA)
|Next (higher)||None (Highest)|
|Next (lower)||Weerodara Vibhushanaya (Non-combat)|
|Related||Uththama Pooja Pranama Padakkama|
...individual acts of gallantry and conspicuous bravery of a non-military nature of the most exceptional order performed voluntarily with no regard to his own life and security with the objective of saving or safeguarding the life or lives of a person or personnel imperiled by death or for a meritorious act or a series of acts of a humane nature of an exceptional order displayed in saving life from drowning, fire and rescue operations in mines, floods and similar calamities under circumstances of grave bodily injury or great danger to the life of the rescuer...— 
Field commanders report actions that fulfill the conditions for a PWV to their respective service commanders, who review these reports and, if satisfactory, forward an official recommendation to an awards board composed of officers from the three armed services branches for further review. The board's report is sent to the office of the President who, as commander in chief, has final authority on the award. Recipients of the decoration can use the post-nominal letters "PWV".
As of 2018, all recipients of this award were killed or missing in action- no living serviceperson has ever worn the medal or the ribbon bar, or used the post-nominal letters to date, effectively making the PWV an exclusively posthumous award.
- Corporal Gamini Kularatne † - Sri Lanka Sinha Regiment
- Captain S. Aladeniya † - Sri Lanka Sinha Regiment
- Colonel A.F. Lafir † - Special Forces Regiment
- Wing-Commander Tyron Silvapulle † - Sri Lanka Air Force
- Lieutenant-Colonel Lalith Jayasinghe † - 3rd Special Forces Regiment
- Lieutenant-Commander Jude Lakmal Wijethunge † - Sri Lanka Navy
- Major G. S. Jayanath † - Commando Regiment
- Major K. A. Gamage † - 1st Special Forces Regiment
- Second Lieutenant K. W. T. Nissanka † - Gajaba Regiment
- Warrant Officer 2nd Class H.B. Pasan Gunasekera † - Gajaba Regiment
- Lance Corporal W. I. M. Seneviratne † - Sri Lanka Light Infantry
- Lieutenant U. G. A. S. Samaranayake † - 9th Gemunu Watch
- Staff Sergeant H. G. S. Bandara † - 4th Vijayaba Infantry Regiment
- Captain H. G. M. H. I. Megawarna † - 9th Gemunu Watch
- Sergeant P.N. Suranga † - 1st Vijayaba Infantry Regiment
- Sergeant Sugath Chandrasiri Bandara † - 2nd Special Forces Regiment
- Corporal P. M. Nilantha Pushpa Kumara † - 7th Gemunu Watch
- Corporal K. Chandana † - 3rd Special Forces Regiment
- Corporal A. M. N. P. Abesinghe † - 8th Sri Lanka Light Infantry
- Lance-Corporal T. G. D. R. Dayananda † - 8th Sri Lanka Light Infantry
- Lance-Corporal R. M. D. M. Rathnayake † - 6th Sri Lanka Light Infantry
- Lance-Corporal A. M. B. H. G. Abeyrathnebanda † - 21st Sri Lanka Sinha Regiment.
- Chief Petty Officer K. G. Shantha † - Sri Lanka Navy
- Captain G. N. Punsiri † - Gajaba Regiment
- Lieutenant W. T. Jayatillake † - Gemunu Watch
- Staff Sergeant K. G. N. Perera † - Commando Regiment
- Sergeant K. G. D. Gunasekara † - Commando Regiment
- Corporal H. A. Nilantha Kumara † - Commando Regiment
- Corporal S. P. M. L. Pushpamal † - Commando Regiment
- Major W.M.I.S.B Walisundara †
- Sergeant A.M Anura †
- Lance Corporal K.G.M Rajapaksha †
- "Medals". Sri Lanka Army. army.lk. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- "PWV Citation – S/198852 Rec Abeyrathnebanda A. M. B. H. G. 21 SLSR (Posthumous)" (PDF). The Ministry of Defence of Sri Lanka. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Acts of Bravery Rewarded with Gallantry Medals in Glittering Ceremony". Sri Lanka Army. 27 October 2016. Retrieved 16 July 2017.