Paraguay at the 2020 Summer Olympics
Paraguay is expected to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020, the Games have been postponed to a date not later than summer 2021, because of the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic. It will be the nation's thirteenth appearance at the Summer Olympics, with the exception of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow because of the nation's partial support for the US-led boycott.
|Paraguay at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Comité Olímpico Paraguayo|
|in Tokyo, Japan|
|Competitors||2 in 2 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Derlis Ayala||Men's marathon|
Paraguay entered one rider each to compete in the women's Olympic road race for the first time in history, by securing an outright berth, as the highest-ranked cyclist, not yet qualified, at the 2019 Pan American Championships in Mexico.
|Women's road race|
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "IAAF Games of the XXXII Olympiad – Tokyo 2020 Entry Standards" (PDF). IAAF. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Athletes' quotas for Road Cycling events at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games". UCI. 18 November 2019. Retrieved 23 November 2019.