Paradise PD(Redirected from Paradise, P.D.)
Paradise PD is an American adult animation comedy web television series created by Waco O'Guin and Roger Black that premiered on August 30 , 2018 on Netflix. The series stars Dana Snyder, Cedric Yarbrough, David Herman, Tom Kenny, Sarah Chalke, and Kyle Kinane.
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||27–29 minutes|
|Original release||August 31, 2018– present|
Paradise PD follows "a small-town police department. They're bad cops. Not bad like no nonsense. Not bad like cool. Bad like shitty."
Cast and charactersEdit
- Sarah Chalke as Gina Jabowski, a violent police officer who often sexually harasses Dusty due to a fat fetish.
- David Herman as Kevin Crawford, a slightly overweight newly-hired police officer and the son of Chief Randall Crawford.
- Tom Kenny as Chief Randall Crawford, the police chief of Paradise PD and Kevin's father.
- Kyle Kinane as Bullet, a police dog who is addicted to the confiscated drugs that he is tasked with guarding.
- Cedric Yarbrough as Gerald "Fitz" Fitzgerald, an African-American police officer who suffers from PTSD.
- Dana Snyder as Dusty Marlow, an obese police officer who is constantly being sexually harassed by Gina.
- Snyder also voices Stanley Hopson, an elderly police officer who often get sent to do out of the ordinary assignments by Chief Crawford.
- Grey Griffin as Mayor Karen Crawford, the mayor of Paradise, Kevin's mother, and Randall's ex-wife.
- Waco O'Guin as Robbie, a blonde redneck who sells argyle meth.
- Roger Black as Delbert, Robbie's best friend and sidekick who also sells argyle meth.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||"Welcome to Paradise"||Matt Garofalo||Roger Black & Waco O'Guin||August 31, 2018|
|2||"Ass on the Line"||Brian Mainolfi||Roger Black & Waco O'Guin||August 31, 2018|
|3||"Black & Blue"||Lauren Andrews||Aaron Lee||August 31, 2018|
|4||"Karla"||Fill Marc Sagadraca||Rocky Russo & Jeremy Sosenko||August 31, 2018|
|5||"Dungeons & Dragnet"||Matt Garofalo||Roger Black & Waco O'Guin||August 31, 2018|
|6||"Meet the Jabowskis"||Brian Mainolfi||Amy Pocha & Seth Cohen||August 31, 2018|
|7||"Police Academy"||Lauren Andrews||Aaron Lee||August 31, 2018|
|8||"Task Force"||Fill Marc Sagadraca||Rocky Russo & Jeremy Sosenko||August 31, 2018|
|9||"Parent Trap"||Matt Garofalo||Michael Rowe||August 31, 2018|
|10||"Christmas in Paradise"||Brian Mainolfi||Roger Black & Waco O'Guin||August 31, 2018|
On April 4, 2018, Netflix announced that they had given the production a straight-to-series order for a first season consisting of ten episodes. The series was created by Waco O'Guin and Roger Black. Production company and animation studio Bento Box Entertainment was expected to produce the series alongside Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment.
On July 25, 2018, the first trailer for the series was released alongside the announcement that it would premiere on August 31, 2018.
"Paradise PD" has a "Fresh" audience score of 64% on Rotten Tomatoes, The show has thus far received mixed reviews from television critics. Florian Ques of Konbini said, “The most thrilling aspect of Paradise PD is its natural ability to slip in some real burns aimed at pop culture figures. The humor used to criticize them is very well-executed."  Others offered criticism aimed at the extreme gross out comedy and lack of likable characters, as well as resemblances to the creators' previous animated sitcom, Brickleberry. Joel Keller of Decider said, "If it were just a little bit funnier, we'd recommend it. But it's just not worth sitting through the many unfunny, dirty gags to get to the good stuff", while Audra Schroeder of The Daily Dot pronounced, " Paradise PD is blunt-force humor without much emotional attachment."
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 4, 2018). "Netflix Orders Cop Animated Comedy Series From 'Brickleberry' Creators; Voice Cast Includes Tom Kenny & Sarah Chalke". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 4, 2018.
- "Netflix announces PARADISE P.D., a new adult animated comedy series from the creators of Brickleberry". Netflix Media Center. April 4, 2018. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Goldberg, Lesley (April 4, 2018). "Sarah Chalke to Lead Netflix Adult Animated Comedy 'Paradise, P.D.' as Genre Primed to Explode". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 4, 2018.
- Hibberd, James (April 4, 2018). "Exclusive: Netflix orders adult animated series starring Sarah Chalke". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved April 4, 2018.
- Barsanti, Sam (April 4, 2018). "Netflix announces new animated series from Brickleberry creators". The A.V. Club. Retrieved April 4, 2018.
- Trumbore, Dave (July 25, 2018). "NSFW Trailer for 'Paradise PD' Reveals the 'Brickleberry' Team's Netflix Animated Series". Collider. Retrieved July 25, 2018.