Paon DP Inc. (株式会社パオン・ディーピー) is a Japanese video game development company based in Japan. The company was founded in August 2004 as DP Inc. and merged with Paon Corporation Inc. in March 2015 to form Paon DP Inc.
|Headquarters||Kita, Tokyo, Japan|
Number of employees
|44 (as of October 2019)|
Paon Corporation was founded on January 20, 1999. Through a partnership with Nintendo, Paon developed DK: King of Swing, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast and DK: Jungle Climber. Paon also involved in development of 2000 SNK's Neo Geo Pocket Color fighting game titles, SNK Gals' Fighters as composer and sound work team, as well as composer to some other Neo Geo Pocket Color titles. When the company Data East went bankrupt, Paon became composed of former Data East staff and bought the rights to some of their games, including Karnov, Chelnov, Windjammers, and the Kuuga trilogy, all of which are now owned by Paon DP, and the Glory of Heracles series, which is partially owned by them. The rights to the Glory of Heracles series are now split between Paon DP and Nintendo; Nintendo and Paon DP co-own the copyright for the series, while the trademark is solely owned by Nintendo. Paon developed Glory of Heracles in 2008, the fifth title of the Glory of Heracles series, which was published by Nintendo.
Games developed by PaonEdit
- New Horizon English Course 1 (Nintendo DS)
- New Horizon English Course 2 (Nintendo DS)
- New Horizon English Course 3 (Nintendo DS)
- DK: King of Swing (2005, Nintendo, Game Boy Advance)
- Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (2007, Nintendo, Wii)
- DK: Jungle Climber (2007, Nintendo, Nintendo DS)
- Glory of Heracles (2008, Nintendo, Nintendo DS)
- Klonoa (2008, Namco (JP)/ Namco Bandai Games (US), Wii)
- "Company Overview". PAON DP Inc. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "プログラム・ゲームの企画・制作・デザインの株式会社パオン - 会社概要". October 26, 2008. Archived from the original on October 26, 2008.
- "チェルノブ : Wii(R) バーチャルコンソール メガドライブ 公式サイト". SEGA of Japan. September 11, 2007. Retrieved 2008-06-02.