Paolo Ferrari (actor)
Ferrari in 1961
|Born||26 February 1929|
|Died||6 May 2018 (aged 89)|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor, television presenter|
(m. 1956; div. 19??)
|Children||3, including Fabio Ferrari|
Ferrari was born in Brussels as his father was at the time the Italian consul in the Belgian Congo, and was in Belgium for a diplomatic mission. His mother, Giulietta, was a concert pianist. He made his acting debut at 9 years old, in Alessandro Blasetti's Ettore Fieramosca and he appeared in over 45 films between 1938 and 2018. He became first known as "the balilla Paolo", a character he played in numerous radio programs for children and teenagers during the fascist era. After the war he studied at the Silvio d’Amico Academy of Dramatic Arts.
Ferrari died in Rome on 6 May 2018, at the age of 89.
- Kean (1940)
- Odessa in Flames (1942)
- Toto Seeks Peace (1954)
- Laugh! Laugh! Laugh! (1954)
- Susanna Whipped Cream (1957)
- Legs of Gold (1958)
- Le signore (1960)
- Akiko (1961)
- I Don Giovanni della Costa Azzurra (1962)
- White Voices (1964)
- Lo scippo (1965)
- Pronto... c'è una certa Giuliana per te (1967)
- A Man for Emmanuelle (1969)
- Once a Year, Every Year (1994)
- "Paolo Ferrari's dubbing contributions". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
- Gerardo Di Cola. Le voci del tempo perduto: la storia del doppiaggio e dei suoi interpreti dal 1927 al 1970. Èdicola, 2004. ISBN 8882670236.
- Peppino Ortoleva, Barbara Scaramucci. Enciclopedia della radio. Garzanti, 2003. ISBN 881150497X.
- RaiNews.it. "È morto Paolo Ferrari, grande attore di teatro, cinema e televisione". Retrieved 6 May 2018.