Pampered Chef, Ltd. is a multinational multi-level marketing company that offers a line of kitchen tools, food products, and cookbooks for preparing food in the home. They also offer some products to help transport some of their products and gardening tools.
|Industry||Kitchen and Food products|
|Founded||1980River Forest, IL|
|United States, Canada|
|Tracy Britt Cool (CEO)|
(Chairman & Founder)
It has a worldwide direct sales force of about 35,000 in addition to 400 corporate staff. The company is headquartered in Addison, Illinois, and operates in three countries: the United States, Germany and Canada.
Founded in 1980 by Doris Christopher, the company began in the basement of Christopher's suburban Chicago home. The company started to sell items to housewives on the party plan, a system in which a homemaker invited her friends over for a social event at which the products were demonstrated and sold, a concept first popularized by Tupperware. The company expanded to Canada in 1996, the UK in 1999, and Germany in 2000.
The company closed its UK business, and wound down UK operations as of 31 December 2015.
- Gregory Karp, "The fine line between legitimate businesses and pyramid schemes", Chicago Tribune, 10 February 2013
- "Pampered Chef Company Facts". Pampered Chef. Retrieved 2016-03-26.
- "Berkshire Hathaway to acquire The Pampered Chef". Berkshire Hathaway. Retrieved 2002-09-23.
- Noah Buhayar, "Buffett’s Assistant Cool Named CEO of Pampered Chef Unit", Bloomberg, 30 October 2014
- "Pampered Chef winding down UK operations". PamperedChef.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|