Palestine at the 1996 Summer Olympics
Athletes from the Palestinian territories, represented by the Palestine Olympic Committee and competing as Palestine, participated in the Olympic Games for the first time at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, United States.
|Palestine at the|
1996 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Palestine Olympic Committee|
|Flag bearer||Majdi Abu Marahil|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Majdi Abu Marahil, age 32, was the flag-bearer. He was born in Nusseirat refugee camp in the Gaza Strip and competed in the Men's 10,000 meters. He finished in last place in the 1st round heats. Ihab Salama, age 21, also represented Palestine in Track and Field.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Majed Abu Maraheel||10,000 metres||34:40.5||21||Did not advance|