Palestine (2011 book)
Palestine from the Perspective of Ayatollah Khamenei (Persian: فلسطین از منظر آیتالله خامنهای; Felestin Az Manzar-e Ayatollah Khamenei) is a 2011 book excerpting many statements of Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei about Palestine and Israel. The book and consists of 8 chapters and 416 pages. It is currently available in Iran only, while an Arabic translation is promised.
Palestine book front cover
|Author||Ayatollah Ali Khamenei|
|Original title||فلسطین از منظر آیت الله خامنه ای|
lit. Palestine from the Perspective of Ayatollah Khamenei
|Published||2011 Islamic Revolution Publication|
According to the New York Post, the book opposes the Jewish state, and Khamenei emphasizes making life unbearable for Israeli Jews rather than starting formal wars or massacring them. Khamenei claims that his strategy for the "liberation of Palestine" is based on "well-established Islamic principles".
Palestine consists of 8 chapters:
- Failures and Victories
- Bright Future
Khamenei claims that anti-Semitism is "a European phenomenon" and that his own opposition is based on "well-established Islamic principles", including the idea that any lands ever held under any form of Muslim rule can never be yielded to other faiths. Although such a policy also covers India and large parts of Russia, Europe, China, and Southeast Asia, Khamenei asserts that Israel is a special case—an "ally of the American Great Satan" in an "evil scheme" to dominate "the heartland of the Ummah".
A note on the book jacket describes Khamenei as the "flag bearer of Jihad to liberate Jerusalem". Khamenei emphasizes that he does not recommend "classical wars" or desire to "massacre the Jews". Instead, he advises "a long period of low-intensity warfare" making life "unpleasant if not impossible" for a majority of Israeli Jews, ultimately causing them to leave the country.
Israel: Addressing a 2015 UN General Assembly meeting in New York, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held up a copy of the book and said it was a "400-page screed detailing [the Ayatollah's] plan to destroy the state of Israel".
- Staff writer. "Palestine (from the prospective of Aytollah Ali Khamenei the supreme leader of Iran)". Bookroom (in Persian). Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- Taheri, Amir. "Iran publishes book on how to outwit US and destroy Israel". New York Post. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Staff writers. "Palestine from the viewpoint of Islamic Republic supreme leader was published". Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Staff writers. "Ayatollah publishes book calling to wipe out Israel, give Iran full reign in the Middle East". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Staff writers (2 October 2015). "Netanyahu slams Iran nuclear deal". Otago Daily Times. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- Charbonneau, Louis; Bronstein, Hough. "Israel's Netanyahu launches all-out assault on Iran deal at U.N." Reuters. Retrieved 20 October 2015.