|Palandöken Ski Center|
|Nearest major city||Erzurum|
|Top elevation||3,176 m (10,420 ft) AMSL|
|Base elevation||2,200 m (7,218 ft)|
|Skiable area||460 ha (1,100 acres)|
|Lift system||1 gondola lift and 5 chairlift|
The ski center is situated 7 km (4.3 mi) southwest of Erzurum. It was established for the 2011 Winter Universiade. Its base is at 2,200 m (7,200 ft), and the top elevation is3,176 m (10,420 ft). In addition to a gondola lift, five chairlift lines serving all the 22 pistes with different slope on a skiable area of 460 ha (1,100 acres). Skiing season at the resort begins in average late October ending in the first weeks of May in the higher regions. The runs "Ejder" and "Kapıkaya" are the longest ones. They are Olympic-sized and are suitable for slalom skiing and giant slalom disciplines. The total length of the runs are 28 km (17 mi) with the longest one being 12 km (7.5 mi) long and having an elevation difference of 1,100 m (3,600 ft).
Hotels at the ski resort provide accommodation in addition to the lodging establishments in the city.
In December 2012, the operation rights were transferred from the Turkey Ski Federation to the Youth Services and Sports Directorate of Erzurum Province. The ski resort remained inactive after the 2011 Winter Universiade finished. The ski resort's operation was transferred to the Erzurum Metropolitan Municipality in September 2016.
International events hosted Edit
- "Palandöken kayak sezonuna hazır". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2014-12-02. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- İpek, Turgut (2012-12-27). "Palandöken, Kayak Federasyonu'ndan alındı". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- İpek, Turgay (2016-09-02). "Palandöken ve Konaklı kayak merkezleri belediyeye verildi". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- Ocak, Serkan (2015-12-02). "Türkiye'nin kış sporları merkezi: Palandöken". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "Kayak merkezleri ışıklandırıldı". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2017-01-29. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "EYOF heyecanı başlıyor". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2017-02-11. Retrieved 2017-02-13.