Pakistani cricket team in New Zealand in 2016–17
The Pakistani cricket team toured New Zealand in November 2016 to play two Test matches and a three-day first-class match. Christchurch and Hamilton were the venues scheduled to host the two Test matches.
|Pakistani cricket team in New Zealand in 2016–17|
|Dates||11 – 29 November 2016|
Misbah-ul-Haq (1st Test) |
Azhar Ali (2nd Test)
|Result||New Zealand won the 2-match series 2–0|
|Most runs||Ross Taylor (150)||Babar Azam (142)|
|Most wickets||Tim Southee (13)||Mohammad Amir (7)|
The first Test of the series went ahead as planned on 17 November, despite Christchurch suffering a 7.8 magnitude earthquake, just after midnight on 14 November. However, no play was possible on the first day due to rain.
Azhar Ali was appointed Pakistan's captain for the second Test after Misbah-ul-Haq left the tour after the death of his father-in-law. Misbah-ul-Haq was later given a one-match suspension by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for Pakistan's slow over rate in the first Test, and he would have missed the second Test because of this. Mitchell Santner replaced James Neesham in New Zealand's squad ahead of the second Test. Trent Boult was ruled out of the second Test with a knee injury and was replaced by Doug Bracewell.
First-class: New Zealand A vs PakistanisEdit
17–21 November 2016
- New Zealand won the toss and elected to field.
- No play was possible on day 1 due to rain.
- Colin de Grandhomme and Jeet Raval (NZ) both made their Test debuts.
- Misbah-ul-Haq became the first player to captain Pakistan in 50 Tests.
- Colin de Grandhomme became the eighth New Zealand player to take a five-wicket haul on debut and also took the best figures on debut for New Zealand in a Test.
- Neil Wagner (NZ) took his 100th Test wicket, becoming the second fastest New Zealand bowler to reach this milestone in Test cricket.
25–29 November 2016
- "Cricket Schedule 2016: Fixtures and dates of all major series and matches of the New Year". International Business Times. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Cricket: Please save us from groundhog day". New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Eden Park set to host day-night cricket test against England in 2018". stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "NZ target day-night Test v England at Eden Park in 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Christchurch Test to go ahead as planned despite earthquake". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "Persistent rain washes out opening day". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "New Zealand snatch win in dramatic last session". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "New Zealand bowls out Pakistan for thrilling 2-0 sweep". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "Guptill left out for Pakistan Tests; Raval, Todd Astle picked". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Sharjeel Khan picked for New Zealand tour". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "Misbah to miss Hamilton Test". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Misbah-ul-Haq given one-match suspension for slow over rate". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Santner replaces Neesham, NZ wait on Taylor". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Boult ruled out of second Test, Bracewell called up". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "Mighty Misbah adds another feather to his cap". Geo.TV. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "De Grandhomme takes best figures by a NZ bowler on Test debut". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Wagner races to 100 wickets, Azhar crawls to 31". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 November 2016.