Pakdam Pakdai, also known internationally as Rat-A-Tat, is an Indian animated comedy TV series airing formerly on Nickelodeon India and currently airing in Sonic Nickelodeon. It is inspired by Oggy and the Cockroaches, which in turn was inspired by Tom and Jerry. The show began airing in May 2013.
|Also known as||Pakdam Pakdai|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||351|
|Running time||8 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Toonz Animation|
|Original network||Nickelodeon India (2013-2014)|
Nickelodeon Sonic (2014-present)
|Original release||27 May 2013 –|
Doggy Don (localized only as Don in international broadcasts) is a little pink dog, who is helped by his elder brother Colonel to fight against three mice named Motu (Marly), Chhotu (Charly), and Lambu (Larry). Chhotu is the self-proclaimed leader of Chuha Party. With these characters, a great dane also appears namely Ballu (Rox).
Doggy Don is inspired by Oggy, Chhotu is inspired by Joey, Motu is inspired by Dee Dee, Lambu is inspired by Marky, Colonel is inspired by Jack and Ballu is inspired by Bob the Bulldog. The first movie of the show, "Doggy Don VS. Billiman" ("Doggy Don vs. The Cat Man"), premiered in Nick on 21 December 2014. Its sequel, Ocean Attack premiered in Sonic on 22 November 2015.
Special voice effects of some Bollywood actors were selected for different characters in the Indian broadcast of the series.
- 1 Characters
- 2 Episodes
- 3 Films
- 4 Awards
- 5 Titles in other languages
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Note: Rat-A-Tat names are in parentheses.
- Doggy Don (Don) is a dog, who is usually annoyed by the mice. His days are always ruined by the mice; therefore, he always plans to get revenge on them, and rarely succeeds. He is quite intelligent but he is too lazy to answer some simple questions. His home has a functional laboratory. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Shah Rukh Khan.
- Karnal (Colonel) is the over-proctective occasionally aggressive and arrogant older brother of Don. He's a muscular green dog with a soldier hat, tags, and white gloves. He always helps Don for dealing those mice's mischievous antics and he is a trained soldier. He's quite arrogant and strong towards others. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Sunny Deol.
- Ballu (Rox) is a muscular looking great dane that lives next door. A running gag happened to his various things like his house, he'll give a handful of beating on Don, Colonel, or the mice (rarely). He and Colonel have the same age. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Amrish Puri.
- Major Saab Jr. (Thaw) is a white creamish bulldog. His father (Major Saab Sr.) died in a helicopter blast, and doggy brothers adopted him. He is smaller in size and age in comparison to both of the dog brothers. His appetite is huge and sometimes is compared to Motu of their gang. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Saif Ali Khan. (Later, he wasn't in the series)
- Chhotu (Charly) is the self-proclaimed leader of the Chuha Party and is the oldest and mischievous from all of them. He wears glasses. He is considered to be a crafty guy as he almost always wins with his team by the end of some episodes. He has competition with Doggy Don. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Paresh Rawal.
- Lambu (Larry) is the purple mouse of the group. He's describes as a show off. He's the jokester, but a ninja. His catchphrase is "Don't Make Me Get Angry". He is competition to Colonel. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Akshay Kumar .
- Motu (Marly) is the gray blue mouse of the gang. He always got a way with food. He's often to be a bit clueless. He's the youngest member of the Chuha Party. He is competition to Major Saab. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Sunil Shetty
- Doctor Sahab (Doctor) is the family pediatrecian of the dog brothers, as well as Ballu. He is shown to be attending in an army camp, police station as well as in the school of dog brothers, as seen in a flashback episode. He is a simpleton by behaviour as he frequently get caught in Chuha party's mischiefs. Voiced by Saurav chakraborty
- Nana is the narrator of the show, who is only in the original Hindi version. The episodes usually start and ends by his closing comments, while his funny commentary runs throughout the episode. Voiced by Shailesh Pandey, the narrator is a mimic of Nana Patekar.
|Cartoon Network||27 May 2013 – 21 December 2014|
|Nickelodeon Sonic||22 December 2014 – present|
|Nick HD+||5 December 2015 – present|
|Rishtey||30 March 2016 – present|
|Pakistan||Nickelodeon Pakistan||28 June 2014 – present|
On 19 December 2014, Pakdam Pakdai Doggy Don Vs Billiman premiered, with Doggy Don and Colonel taking a trip to the future and befriending a cat named Billiman, who turns out to be a villain and conquers the city. Doggy Don and Colonel, along with Chhotu, Motu, Lambu and the citizens of the town defeat Billiman.
Pakdam Pakdai Ocean AttackEdit
On 20 November 2015, Pakdam Pakdai Ocean Attack premiered, with Doggy Don, Colonel and their brother, Major Saab along with the mice saving the world from an evil shark, called Surmai Bhopali, who has turned the world into an ocean and made everyone a sea creature by the destroying the balance between the sea and the land at the heart of the ocean. Doggy Don, Colonel, Major and the mice, along with their new friends, Boodhababa, Manumaan and Yeti, defeated Surmai and captured his evil fish army in a fish jail, along with him.
Pakdam Pakdai: Doggy Don in EgyptEdit
This film premiered on 21 January 2018. It is about when Doggy Don, Colonel, and the mice brothers try to defeat an evil magician called Hairis who wants to take over the world.
Pakdam Pakdai Space AttackEdit
This film premiered on 13 May 2018. It is about Doggy Don, Cornel and the mice brothers trying to save the world from an alien monkey named Hyper Bunder. The new characters to help them are Doggy Dona and Master Goati.
Pakdam Pakdai Attack on TokyoEdit
This film premiered on 16 December 2018. The art directors are Manjula K.R, Prakashan U.K and Ananthakrishnan T.U.
The show is a coproduction between Nickelodeon and Toonz India Ltd and was launched in May 2013. It won the "Best Animated TV Episode" award at the 2014 BAF Awards, organised by FICCI, for the episode "Safari Don".
Titles in other languagesEdit
- Arabic: فئران ظريفة
- Bengali: পাকড়াম পাকড়াই
- Chinese: 搞笑动漫
- English: Rat-A-Tat
- Japanese: ラットアタット
- German: Mäusespaß
- Hindi: पकड़म पकड़ाई
- Russian: Рат-а-тат
- Spanish: Rat-Ataque ("Rat-Attack") (Spain only)
- Tamil: பக்கரம் பாக்கராய்
- Telugu: పాగారం పాగాక్రి
- Urdu: پکڑم پکڑائی
- Vietnamese: Lạch Cạch Loảng Xoảng
- "Chase comedy 'Pakdam Pakdai' moves from Nick to fuel Sonic's growth". 18 December 2014. Retrieved 18 December 2017.[dead link]
- "Viacom18 to launch HD kids channel Nick HD+, unveils local IP 'Shiva' for Nick | TelevisionPost.com". www.televisionpost.com. Archived from the original on 8 July 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- ""Nick Hour" on Rishtey". 30 March 2016. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "Nick launches Pakdam Pakdai- a chase comedy". Times of India. TNN. 30 May 2013. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Nick India's Pakdam Pakdai adjudged 'Best Animated TV Episode'". Indian Television. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Boatwala, Zeenia. "Winners of FICCI BAF 2014 Awards Announced". Animation Xpress. Retrieved 5 June 2014.