Pablo Torrijos Navarro (born 12 May 1992) is a Spanish track and field athlete who competes in the triple jump. He is the Spanish record holder with his best of 17.09 m (56 ft 3⁄4 in). He was the silver medallist at the 2015 European Athletics Indoor Championships.
|European Athletics Indoor Championships|
|2015 Prague||Triple jump|
Born in Castellón de la Plana, he became involved with athletics as a youth and joined a local club, Playas de Castellon. He was the Spanish indoor youth champion in the triple jump in 2008 and went on to make his debut at the 2009 World Youth Championships in Athletics, but was eliminated in the qualifiers of both his speciality and the long jump as well. He also competed at the European Youth Olympic Festival that year, placing seventh in his qualifying group in the long jump.
He placed eighth at the 2010 Gymnasiade, then came sixth at the 2011 European Athletics Junior Championships after winning his first Spanish junior title. He established himself nationally in 2013 by winning the triple jump title at the Spanish Athletics Championships. He was the Spanish under-23 champion indoors and out that year and also placed eighth at the 2013 European Athletics U23 Championships.
Torrijos began to reach an international standard in 2014. He was sixth at the 2014 European Team Championships Super League and was a finalist at the 2014 European Athletics Championships, coming eighth. He was the Spanish champion indoors and outdoors, and a new personal best of 16.87 m (55 ft 4 in) was a record for a Spanish under-23 athlete. He cleared seventeen metres for the first time in February 2015 and this mark of 17.03 m (55 ft 10+1⁄4 in), set at the Spanish Indoor Championships, proved to be the best ever by a Spaniard in any conditions.
- PABLO TORRIJOS NAVARRO Archived 2015-09-24 at the Wayback Machine. RFEA. Retrieved on 2015-03-07.
- Biografias de Atletas: Pablo Torrijos. RFEA. Retrieved on 2015-03-07.
- European Youth Olympics. World Junior Athletics History. Retrieved on 2015-03-07.
- Adel Mechaal, doblete en 1.500m y 3.000m y Jorge Ureña, otros grandes protagonistas. Histórico récord de España en triple: 17.03 metros de Pablo Torrijos (in Spanish). RFEA. Retrieved on 2015-03-07.
- "Pablo TORRIJOS | Profile | World Athletics".