|• Total||280.42 km2 (108.27 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Paba|
Paba is located at. It has 40,000 households and a total area of 280.42 km2.
Paba Upazila is bounded by Mohanpur and Tanore Upazilas on the north, Puthia and Durgapur Upazila on the east, Bhagawangola II and Raninagar II CD Blocks, in Murshidabad district, West Bengal, India, across the Ganges/ Padma, and Charghat Upazila, on the south, and Godagari Upazila on the west.
According to 2011 Bangladesh census, Paba had a population of 314,196. Males constituted 50.75% of the population and females 49.25%. Muslims formed 96.91% of the population, Hindus 1.80%, Christians 1.00% and others 0.28%. Paba had a literacy rate of 50.31% for the population 7 years and above.
According to the 1991 Bangladesh census, Paba had a population of 213,379, of whom 108,810 were aged 18 or over. Males constituted 51.7% of the population, and females 48.3%. Paba had an average literacy rate of 25.1% (7+ years), against the national average of 32.4%.
Paba Upazila is divided into Katakhali Municipality, Noahata Municipality, and eight union parishads: Baragachhi, Damkur, Darshan Para, Haragram, Harian, Haripur, Hujuri Para, and Parila. The union parishads are subdivided into 186 mauzas and 209 villages.
- Md. Ruhul Islam (2012), "Paba Upazila", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal (ed.), Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "Paba Upazila". Banglapedia. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- "Tehsil Map of Murshidabad". CD Block/ Tehsil. Maps of India. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Rajshahi" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- "District Statistics 2011: Rajshahi" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paba Upazila.|