This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Paliyath Jayachandrakuttan, often credited as P. Jayachandran, or Jayachandran is an Indian playback singer and classical musician from Kerala. Jayachandran is best known for his captivating voice which gave him the title Bhava Gayakan by the music fraternity of South India. He has worked under all famous music directors like G Devarajan, MS Baburaj, V Dakshinamoorthy, K Raghavan, MS Viswanathan, Ilaiyaraaja, Vidya sagar, AR Rahman, MM Keeravani, MK Arjunan, Shyam etc.
|Birth name||Paliyath Jayachandrakuttan|
|Also known as||Bhava Gayakan|
|Born||3 March 1944|
Kochi, Kerala, India
He has sung almost 15000 songs in total in different languages.
Jayachandran was born in Bhadralayam at Ravipuram, Kochi on 3 March 1944 and his family later moved to Irinjalakkuda. He is the third of five children of the late Ravivarma Kochaniyan Thampuran, a member of Cochin royal family, who was himself a musician, though never a professional singer and the late Paliyath Subhadrakkunjamma, and also the second of their three sons. His sibligs were late Sudhakaran (1940-1989), late Sarasija (1942- 2018), Krishnakumar (b. 1946) and Jayanthi (b. 1949).
Jayachandran graduated from Christ College, Irinjalakuda. He was a student of the National High School, Irinjalakuda from where he received many prizes for playing the mridangam and light music in the State School Youth Festival. Jayachandran met Yesudas in 1958 when he participated in the state youth festival. Yesudas won the Best Classical Singer award and Jayachandran got the best mridamgist award in the same year.
In 1967, he sang the song "Anuragaganam pole", composed by M.S. Baburaj, for the film Udhyogastha, directed by P. Venu. Later together, P. Venu and Jayachandran produced more hits like "Ninmaniarayile" (C.I.D. Nazir, 1971) and "Malayala Bashathan" (Prethangalude Thaazhvazha, 1973). Jayachandran received the Kerala State Film Award for Best Singer in 1972 for the song "Neelagiriyude ('Suprabhaatham')" for the film Panitheeratha Veedu. Its music was done by M. S. Viswanathan. The year 1978 brought him another Kerala State award, this time for the song "Ragam Sreeragam" from the film Bandhanam, composed by M. B. Sreenivasan. In 1985 he received the National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song "Sivasankara Sarva Saranya Vibho" from the film Sree Narayana Guru, composed by G. Devarajan . The song "Prayam Nammil", from the film Niram, brought him a third Kerala state award in 1998. In 2015 he received the next state award for his songs in Jilebi and Ennu ninte Moideen 46th Kerala State Film Awards.In 1975, he sang for the Malayalam movie Penpada (with music by R. K. Shekhar) a song called "Velli then Kinnam Pol", regarded as the first composition of the then 9-year-old Dileep Shekhar, now more widely known as A. R. Rahman.
Jayachandran worked in close collaboration with the composer Ilayaraja, producing numerous popular hits in the Tamil language, including "Raasaathi Unna", "Kaathirundhu Kaathirundhu" (both from the 1984 release Vaidhegi kaathirundhaal), "Mayanginen Solla Thayanginen" (from the 1985 release Naaney raaja naaney mandhiri), "Vaalkaiye Vesham" (from the 1979 release Aarilirundhu Arubathu Varai), "Poova Eduthu Oru" (from the 1986 release Amman Kovil Kizhakaaley) and "Thaalaattudhey Vaanam" (from the 1981 release Kadal Meengal). In 1994, he received the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Singer for the song "Kathazham Kattuvazhi" for the film Kizhakku Cheemayile, composed by A. R. Rahman. As a recognition for his contribution to Tamil film music, he was honoured with the 1997 Kalaimamani award of the Tamil Nadu Government.
Jayachandran was honoured with the Swaralaya Kairali Yesudas award at the beginning of 2001, which he was the first person to receive. The motive behind this award is to choose the best from the singers and lyricists within a span of 30 years. He has sung nearly 1000 songs for Malayalam movies over the years, according to the MSI information database.
- "Ponnenna Poovenna" – Alaigal (film)
- "Kadavul Vaazhum kovilile" - Oru Thalai Ragam
- "Thaalattuthey Vaanam" - Kadal Meengal
- " Kavithai Arangerum Neram" - Antha 7 Naatkal "
- "Vasantha Kaalangal" - Rail Payanangalil
- "Mayanginen Solla Thayanginen" - Naane Raja Naane Mandhiri
- "Raasathi Unna" - Vaidehi Kathirunthal
- "Kaathirundhu Kaathirundhu" - Vaidehi Kathirunthal
- "Indraiku Yen Indha Aanandame" - Vaidehi Kathirunthal
- "Pullai Kooda Paada" - En Purushanthaan Enakku Mattumthaan
- "Poomudithu" - En Purushanthaan Enakku Mattumthaan
- "Poova Eduthu Oru Maala" - Amman Kovil Kizhakale
- "Poo Pootha Chediya Kaanom" - Poo Poova Poothirukku
- "Kodiyile Malliyappoo" – Kadalora Kavithaigal
- "Chinna Poove Mella Pesu" - Chinna Poove Mella Pesu
- "Sothanai Theeravilla" - Senthoora Poove
- "Andhinera Thendral" - Inaindha Kaigal
- "Enathu Vizhi" - Solla Thudikuthu Manasu
- "Kollaiyele Thennai Vaithu" - Kadhalan
- "Chitthirai Nilavu" - Vandicholai Chinraasu
- "Sollamale Yaar Parthathu" - Poove Unakkaga
- "Kannathil Muthamittal" - Kannathil Muthamittal
- "Vellaiyay Manam" - Chokka Thangam
- "Malliga Poovukku" - Sundhara Travels
- "Nee Santhanam Poosiya" - Sundhara Travels
- "Kaalidasan Kannadasan" - soorakkottai singakutti
- "Mancholai Kilithano" – Kizhake Pogum Rail
- "Enmel Vizhunda" - May Madham
- "Idhu Kaadhalin" - Aval Varuvala
- "Kannaadi Maalai" - Amutha
- "Kattazham Kattuvazhi" - Kizhakku Cheemayile
- "Pooviley Medai" - Pagal Nilavu
- "Ooruellam Saamiyaga" - Deiva Vakku
- "Mounamulla Mayakkam" - Azhagu
- "Manthaara Malare" - Naan Avanillai
Tamil Christian Devotional SongsEdit
Kannada and MalayalamEdit
- "Manjalayil Mungi Thorthi" – Kalithozhan (Malayalam)
- "Kamala Nayana Kamala Vadhana" – Bhaktha Prahladha (Kannada)
- "Therirangum Mukile" – Mazhathullikilukkam (Malayalam)
- "Ammaye Orakanta" - Neetho Cheppalani (Telugu)
- "Olanjali Kuruvi" – 1983 (Malayalam)
- "Ithaloornnu Veena" – Thanmathra (Malayalam)
- "Olavina Udugore Kodalenu" – Olavina Udugore (Kannada)
- "Milo Wahan Wahan (from movie ADA, Debut song in Hindi)
- "Harshbashpam Thooki" - "Muthassi"(Malayalam)
- "Ariyathe Ariyathe" - "Ravanaprabhu" (Malayalam)
- ""Pattil Ee Pattil" - "Pranayam" (Malayalam)
- "Sharadambaram " - "Ennu Ninte Moideen" (Malayalam)
- "Jeevana Sanjeevana" - Hanthakana Sanchu (Kannada)
- "Mannappm chuttu" - Marubhoomiyile Aana (Malayalam)
- "Podi meesha" - Pa Va (Malayalam)
- "Hindusthanvu endu mareyada" - Amrutha Ghalige (Kannada)
- "Mandara Pushpavu Neenu" - Ranganayaki (Kannada)
- "Chanda Chanda" - Maanasa Sarovara (Kannada)
- "Neeyoru Puzhayayi"- Thilakkam (Malayalam)
- "Poove Poove" - "Devadoothan" (Malayalam)
- "Aaru Paranju" - "Pulival Kalyanam" (Malayalam)
- "Mazhavannu" - Puzhikkadakan (Malayalam)
- "Kalabhachuvaru Vecha Meda" - Aval Oru Thudar Katha (Malayalam)
Malayalam music albumsEdit
- Pranayamarmaram – 2009.
- 1972 – Best Male Play Back Singer for the song "Suprabhatham" in the film Pani Theeratha Veedu
- 1978 – Best Male Play Back Singer for the song "Ragam Sreeragam" in the film Bandhanam
- 1999 – Best Male Play Back Singer for the song "Prayam Nammil" in the film Niram
- 2004 – Best Male Play Back Singer for the song "Neeyoru Puzhayaay" in the film Thilakkam
- 2015 – Best Male Play Back Singer for the songs "Njaan Oru Malayali", "Malarvaka Kombathu", "Sharadambaram" in the films Jilebi, Ennum Eppozhum, Ennu Ninte Moideen
- 1994 – Best Male Playback Singer – for the song "Kattazham Kattuvazhi" in the film Kizhakku Cheemayile
- 1997 – Kalaimamani award by Tamil Nadu Government for 30 Years in Tamil Film Music
- Other awards
|1982||Evaru Veeru Evaru Veeru||"Idhi Maatalu Raani Vela"||Ramesh Naidu|
|"Kalavu Vache Vela Ani"|
|O aadadhi O Magaadu||"O Magadu O Aadadhi"||M. S. Viswanathan|
|1983||Subha Muhurtham||"Nee Choopu"||Chakravarthy|
|1984||Ooha Sundari||"Adharam Entha Madhuram"|
|Swathi||"Chamanthi Poola Mokka"|
|1985||Ee Tharam Illalu||"Raagam Madhuram"||Ilaiyaraaja|
|1987||Thalli Godavari||"Rathiri Sagam Ayyevela"||Ramesh Naidu|
|1989||Two Town Rowdy||"Vaddhura Niddhara"||Raj-Koti|
|1994||Vanitha||"Ye Thalli Kannadani"||A. R. Rahman|
|1995||Errodu||"Yedari Seemalalo"||Vandemataram Srinivas|
|1996||Gunshot||"Pichi Gaali Vachi Paddadhi"||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|Nalla Poosalu||"Dandgaa Maraka Mundhe"||Vandemataram Srinivas|
|1997||Osi Naa Maradhala||"Aha Emi Thaluku"||M. M. Keeravani|
|1998||Suryavamsam||"Rojave Chinni"(Male)||S. A. Rajkumar|
|1999||Alludugaaru Vachcharu||"Chali Chalani"||M. M. Keeravani|
|2000||Nuvve Kavali||"Anaganaga Aakasham"||Koti|
|Sri Srimati Satyabhama||"Neeli Neeli Meghala"||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|2001||Prema Sandhadi||"Karanamagri Pakkintiloni"||Koti|
|2002||Baba||"Rajyama Sanyasama"||A. R. Rahman|
|Neetho||"Dil Dil Dil"||Vidhya Sagar|
|Neetho Cheppalani||"Ammaye Orakanta"||Koti|
|Vooru Manadhira||"Naa Chelli Chandramma"|
"Kamala nayana": Bhakta Prahlada (1983 film)
.Nakashatangal- As Neighbour- Directed by Hariharan 
.Travancore Lodge -As Narayanan Nair- Directed by VK Prakash 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paliyath Jayachandran.|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "family". www.jayachandransite.com. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- "First song of the legendary composer A.R.Rahman".
- "Swaralaya Kairali Yesudas Award". thiraseela.com. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- "Third Harivarasanam Award for Jayachandran". The New Indian Express. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 9 November 2020.
- See photos and other info about the cast on Google https://g.co/kgs/qoAhdz
- "trivandrum lodge malayalam movie cast - Google Search". www.google.com. Retrieved 10 June 2021.