PM Narendra Modi
PM Narendra Modi is an upcoming Indian biographical film directed by Omung Kumar and jointly produced by Suresh Oberoi, Sandip Ssingh, and Anand Pandit. The film is based on the life of Narendra Modi, the 14th Prime Minister of India; starring Vivek Oberoi in the lead role who is also credited as co-writer of the film. The first look of the film was released in January 2019. The film will release in 23 different languages.
|PM Narendra Modi|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Omung Kumar|
|Produced by||Suresh Oberoi|
|Screenplay by||Anirudh Chawla|
|Story by||Sandip Ssingh|
|Music by||Hitesh Modak|
A. R. Rahman
|Edited by||Sanjay Sankla|
Legend Global Studio
Anand Pandit Motion Pictures
|Distributed by||Panorama Studios|
Anand Pandit Motion Pictures
This article needs a plot summary. (May 2019)
Initially actor Paresh Rawal was to play Narendra Modi in biopic that he was also producing. Before that film was materialised, PM Narendra Modi was announced in parallel with Vivek Oberoi selected to play the lead role.
Filming began on 27 January 2019 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Some vital scenes in the film chronicling Modi's early life and political journey was filmed in Uttarkashi district. Final schedule of filming was held at Mumbai. Vivek was injured during the shoot while doing a scene in Uttarkashi.
NSUI's Goa unit of the student wing of Congress Party, has written to Election Commission to ban the screening of the film claiming it violates the model code of conduct of elections. A plea filed at the Supreme Court of India to stop the release was rejected. The court said the constitutional body Election Commission is the appropriate authority to address the petitioner's concerns. On 9 April 2019, the film was certified by the CBFC alloting 'U' certificate with run time of 130 minutes. Election commission has stopped the release of the movie till the elections are over saying, "that any biopic 'which has the potential to disturb the level playing field during the elections should not be displayed in the electronic media'".The film is scheduled to have its release on 24 May 2019.
Producers Suresh Oberoi and Sandeep Singh released a first-look poster of the film on 7 January 2019, revealing actor Vivek Oberoi as the eponymous Modi. The official trailer of the film was released on 20 March 2019. Media Certification and Monitoring Committee (MCMC), set up by the Election Commission, has served a notice to the producers and T-series over an advertisement which was carried in two hindi newspapers announcing the movie trailer with an image of Narendra Modi.
|PM Narendra Modi|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||29 March 2019 |
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The music of the film is composed by A. R. Rahman, Hitesh Modak and Shashi-Khushi while the lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar, Prasoon Joshi, Sameer, Abhendra Upadhyay, Irshad Kamil, Parry G. and Lavraj. Two songs, one Suno Gaur Se Duniya Walon from Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt starrer a 1997 unfinished film Dus and the other Ishwar Allah from the film 1947: Earth, starring Aamir Khan, Nandita Das and lyrics by Javed Akhtar used in this film
Initially, Javed Akhtar and Sameer were unaware about their works from old films being reused in this film. They tweeted they have not written any songs for the film after finding their names on the film' credit row. The film's producer Sandip Ssingh clarified that the credits were given because their songs from previous movies were included.
|1.||"Saugandh Mujhe Iss Mitti Ki"||Prasoon Joshi||Shashi-Khushi||Sukhwinder Singh, Shashi Suman||3:55|
|2.||"Namo Namo"||Lavraj, Parry G||Hitesh Modak||Sandip Ssingh|
Rap: Parry G
|3.||"Hindustani" (Original lyrics by Sameer)||Sardaraa||Shashi-Khushi||Siddharth Mahadevan, Shashi Suman||3:30|
|4.||"Fakeera"||Irshad Kamil||A. R. Rahman||Shashaa Tirupati, Naresh Iyer||3:44|
|5.||"Junoon"||Lavraj||Hitesh Modak||Javed Ali||3:37|
|6.||"Ishwar Allah" (Original lyrics by Javed Akhtar)||Lavraj||Hitesh Modak||Suvarna Tiwari||4:29|
- Taran Adarsh [@taran_adarsh] (26 March 2019). "After backing the biopic as producer, Anand Pandit has acquired all-India distribution rights of #PMNarendraModi along with Panorama Studios" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Taran Adarsh [@taran_adarsh] (3 May 2019). "New release date for #PMNarendraModi... Will now release on 24 May 2019, after the Lok Sabha election results, according to a statement issued by the producers... Stars Vivek Anand Oberoi in title role... Directed by Omung Kumar" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "PM Narendra Modi". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 2019-04-14.
- "PM Narendra Modi first look out, Vivek Oberoi plays the lead role". Hindustan Times. 2019-01-07. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- "PM Narendra Modi first look: Vivek Oberoi to play India's 14th Prime Minister". The Indian Express. 2019-01-07. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- "This Is How Vivek Oberoi Looks As PM Narendra Modi In His Biopic". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- "Vivek Oberoi's first look as PM Modi revealed; CM Fadnavis says film will create history". The Economic Times. 2019-01-07. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- "PM Narendra Modi Poster: Vivek Oberoi is Unrecognisable in This Biopic". News18. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- "After The Accidental Prime Minister, a film on PM Narendra Modi to go on floors with Vivek Oberoi in the lead? | Entertainment News". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- "Harshvardhan Kapoor to get prosthetics to portray ageing in Abhinav Bindra biopic? - Bollywood actors who are doing biopics in 2018". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- "Paresh Rawal confirms Narendra Modi biopic: It will be a hugely challenging role". The Indian Express. 2018-06-04. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- "Will Vivek Oberoi be able to woo us as PM Narendra Modi knowing our Mann Ki Baat?". www.dailyo.in. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- Mathur, Vinamra (2019-01-02). "Paresh Rawal quits the Narendra Modi biopic, Vivek Oberoi steps in to play the PM!". Bollyworm. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- "Narendra Modi biopic filming begins in #Ahmedabad today". Twitter. 2019-01-28.
- "Film on PM Modi's life, starring Vivek Oberoi, to be released on April 12". Business Standard. 2019-03-15.
- "Vivek Oberoi hurt while shooting for PM Narendra Modi biopic, resumes shooting". India Today. 2019-03-11.
- "Cong Demands Ban on Screening of Modi Biopic During Elections". The Quint. 2019-03-16.
- "PM Narendra Modi' team thanks Supreme Court for justice". Times of India. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- "PM Narendra Modi biopic gets U certificate from Censor Board. Release date April 11". India Today. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "PM Modi Biopic Stopped By Election Commission Till End Of Elections". NDTV. 10 April 2019. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- "Vivek Oberoi starrer PM Narendra Modi to release on 24th May 2019 after the Lok Sabha Election 2019 results". Bollywood Hungama. 2019-05-03. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "PM Narendra Modi - Official Trailer - Vivek Oberoi - Omung Kumar - Sandip Ssingh". T-Series on YouTube.
- "EC panel issues notice over ad on Modi biopic". The Hindu. 2019-03-24. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- "PM Narendra Modi - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.
- "PM Narendra Modi Producer Sandip Ssingh Responds to Javed Akhtar Credit Row". News18.com. 23 March 2019. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Salman Khan's song 'Suno Gaur Se Duniya Walon' used in Vivek Oberoi starrer PM Narendra Modi". Bollywood Hungama. 2019-03-23. Retrieved 2019-03-25.
- "'PM Narendra Modi' songs credit row: Javed Akhtar's old songs were used, says producer". The Hindu. 23 March 2019. Retrieved 23 March 2019.