This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
PDF-XChange Viewer is a proprietary PDF reader for Microsoft Windows available for free. The basic reader, which can be downloaded free of charge, includes extended/markup capabilities such as typing, highlighting, callouts, and notes. Another useful feature is its ability to display PDF files in the "preview" pane of the Windows Explorer without locking the file (and thus allowing for easy setting of metadata info). An advanced paid version is also available.
|Developer(s)||Tracker Software Products|
|Initial release||June 21, 2007|
2.5.322.7 / August 11, 2017
|Operating system||Windows XP and later|
|Available in||30 languages|
It supports saving of filled PDF forms (AcroForms) and import/export of form data in FDF/XFDF format. Since version 2.5 there is a partial support for XFA and export of form data in XDP or XML format. It added OCR support as of version 2.5.
PDF-XChange Lite print driver is a print driver enabling the creation of PDFs from Microsoft Windows applications. It is free for academic and home use. Also available is PDF-XChange Standard, which brings advanced PDF creation options.
A related product is PDF-Tools, which allows creation and manipulation of PDFs from a variety of sources including images, text documents, etc. Batch conversion capabilities with filename macros are included.
Finally, a number of PDF-related SDKs for developers are available, including PDF Tools SDK, PDF-XChange Viewer SDK, PDF-XChange Drivers SDK, and Image SDKs. These allow creation, manipulation, reading, writing, OCR, search, and display of PDFs; and multi-language support (C++, C#, C, VB, VB.NET, Delphi, Clarion) is available.
- "Tracker Software Products :: Product Version Chart". Tracker-software.com. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- Yee, Jojo (2015-07-10). "Best Free Non-Adobe PDF Reader". www.techsupportalert.com. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- Blackwell, Laura (July 23, 2007). "Freebies for Writers and Readers. Three great programs for living large literarily". PC World. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- "Die besten PDF-Tools für Windows Vista und XP. PDF-XChange Viewer: Der Gratis-Tausenstassa". tecchannel.de (in German). 2016-11-25. Archived from the original on 2008-09-17. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- Fitzpatrick, Jason (2009-08-02). "5 Best PDF Readers". LifeHacker.com. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- "Tracker Software Products :: PDF-XChange Standard 2012 - Our best selling PDF conversion solution". Tracker-software.com. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Tracker Software Products :: PDF-Tools an ideal PDF creation and manipulation tool, includes PDF Editor". Tracker-software.com. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Tracker Software Products :: Developer Products - PDF and Imaging related Software Development Kits". Tracker-software.com. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Finally, real PDF annotating under Linux! (with help from Wine) Archived 2012-04-28 at the Wayback Machine.", gnurou.org, 10 September 2008. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- François Savard, "PDF annotation under Linux with Wine and PDF-XChange Viewer", Structure in the Flow, 11 March 2009. Retrieved 14 April 2012.