This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
P-Model is the eighth studio album by P-Model and the first by the "defrosted" lineup.
|Studio album by|
|Released||February 26, 1992|
In the aftermath of the band's hiatus ("freezing") in 1988, P-Model's members went their own separate ways. After releasing three solo albums, frontman Susumu Hirasawa rebuilt the band out of several backing members from his concerts. The new, "defrosted" (解凍) lineup consisted of pre-hiatus P-Model member Hikaru Kotobuki, returning founding member Katsuhiko Akiyama, and associate Yasuchika Fujii.
P-Model officially returned in September 1991.
On this album, P-Model introduced a machine-like, sci-fi sound to its style, heavily influenced by Amiga computers, which Hirasawa and Kotobuki used for production. This extended to the lyrical themes of the album, being focused on science, technology, and computers.
All tracks are written by Susumu Hirasawa, except where noted.
|2.||"2D or Not 2D"||Hirasawa, Hikaru Kotobuki||Hirasawa, Kotobuki||3:17|
|8.||"Lab=01"||Hirasawa, Kotobuki||Hirasawa, Kotobuki||2:36|
|9.||"Error of Universe"||P-Model||1:24|
|10.||"Go Amigo"||Hirasawa, Akiyama||Akiyama||2:49|
|12.||"No Room" (hidden track)||2:44|
All tracks arranged by Hirasawa, except 2 & 8 by Kotobuki and 5 & 10 by Akiyama. All track titles are stylized in all caps. The total running time of the last track (the last two songs with 3 minutes of silence separating them) is 8:48.
- Susumu Hirasawa - Vocals, Electric guitar, Synthesizers, Amiga ("Say" program - Lead vocals on "Error of Universe", Additional vocals on "Wire Self" and "Clear"), Programming, Production, Mixing Engineer
- Katsuhiko Akiyama - Synthesizers, Computer, Programming, Lead vocals on "Clear", Backing vocals
- Hikaru Kotobuki - Synthesizers, Computer, Programming, Lead vocals on "Lab=01", Backing vocals
- Yasuchika Fujii - Electronic drums, Backing vocals on "Vista"
- Yūichi Kenjo - Production (Executive), Backing Vocals on "Vista"
- Masanori Chinzei - Engineering (Mixing/Recording), Backing Vocals on "Vista"
- Hideki Namai - Photography
|February 26, 1992||Polydor K.K.||CD||POCH-1128|
|May 10, 2002
July 4, 2014
|Chaos Union, Teslakite||CHTE-0011||Remastered by Hirasawa. Part of Disc 7 of the Ashu-on [Sound Subspecies] in the solar system box set, alongside big body. Re-released with new packaging by Kiyoshi Inagaki.|
|September 8, 2004
December 5, 2012
|UM³, USM Japan||UPCY-6022
|Part of the "GOLDEN☆BEST" budget bundle brand, packaged with big body. Reissue available for sale for a limited time.|
|May 2, 2012||Universal Music Japan, Tower Records||PROT-1022||Limited reissue, sold only through Tower Records.|