Oxnard High School
Oxnard High School, or OHS as it is commonly referred to, is a public four-year high school serving grades 9–12 in Oxnard, Ventura County, California, United States. Oxnard High School serves the Southwest, Northwest and Beach communities of Oxnard and a northern portion of Port Hueneme.
|Oxnard High School|
|Motto||"Keep Making the Sting Mean!"|
|School district||Oxnard Union High School District|
|Color(s)||Cardinal and Gold|
|Athletics conference||CIF-SS Pacific View League|
- William Bright: linguist, specialized in Native American and South Asian languages
- Timmy Curran: professional surfer, musician and spokesperson for Surfrider Foundation
- Kevin Faulconer: current Mayor of San Diego
- Bud Houser: three-time Olympic gold medalist, held world record in discus
- Bismarck Lepe: CEO of Ooyala, an internet video company
- Kristal Marshall: model and WWE Diva
- Paul McAnulty: former Major League Baseball outfielder with San Diego Padres
- Ken McMullen, former Major League Baseball third baseman with Los Angeles Dodgers
- Rich Moore: animation director, screenwriter, voice actor, creative partner at Rough Draft Studios and Walt Disney Animation Studios, SourceFed host
- Jack O'Connell: 26th California State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Corey Pavin: professional golfer, 1995 U.S. Open champion
- Alfred V. Rascon: soldier and Medal of Honor recipient
- Jacob Rogers: professional football player, All-American for USC Trojans
- Nao Takasugi: Mayor of Oxnard 1982-92, California State Assembly 1992-98
- Terrell Watson: professional football player for New York Giants
- Steve Zaragoza: YouTube personality, comedian, SourceFed host
- "History of OHS" Archived 2014-02-22 at the Wayback Machine Oxnard High School official website. Accessed 16 November 2014
- "Oxnard High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 26, 2019.
- "Friday Update". Oxnard High School. March 27, 2015.
- "Boundaries & Map." Oxnard Union High School District
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Oxnard High School (site of old campus)
- Goodman, Adrianne (November 14, 1991). "Residents Criticize Moving School : Oxnard: Opponents cite many problems, including loss of farmland. But parents fear the airport's proximity to the campus". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- Ragland, Jenifer (January 16, 2002) "Oxnard Board to Consider Upgrade Work at 4 Schools" Los Angeles Times
- Zalben, Alex (November 2, 2012). "Interview: Director Rich Moore On 'Wreck-It Ralph' - And Where They'll Go In The Sequel". MTV News. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- Romine, Rich (June 3, 2011). "Longtime Ventura County football coach J.T. Rogers dies". Ventura County Star. Retrieved 20 February 2016.