Outer Ring Road, Delhi
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Outer Ring Road, Delhi is a ring road that encircles the city of Delhi. It has three lanes in each direction, with a total length of 47 km. Although it used to have traffic lights and at-grade intersections, mushrooming interchanges have reduced the number of lights to just two, and traffic now flows much more smoothly. Several Stretches of the Outer Ring Road have been notified as National Highways.
|Outer Ring Road|
|Length||47.537 km (29.538 mi)|
|Major cities||New Delhi, North Delhi, North West Delhi, West Delhi, South West Delhi, South Delhi, South East Delhi, Central Delhi|
Delhi features two ring roads, a main one and an outer one. The two ring roads have a combined length of 87 km.
Outer Ring Road features 14 junctions. In no particular order, they are:
Like the Ring Road, Delhi's Outer Ring Road features some semblance of grade separation between pedestrian and vehicular traffic. Pedestrian underpasses are present at the following points:
- Near Chirag Delhi Flyover (DTTDC)
- Near IIT Flyover (DTTDC)
- Dr. Hedgewar Marg at Saraswati Vihar
- Mangol Puri
- Paras Cinema Flyover, Nehru Place
- Sarvpriya Vihar
- Power House, Pitampura
- Rama Market, Pitampura
Additional pedestrian underpasses are to be constructed at the following points:
- Kalkaji Temple junction
- Panchsheel Colony
Elevated Corridor at Vikaspuri on Outer Ring Road, Delhi
- Kaushik, Krishn (7 April 2017). "Highways and others: How India classifies roads, reclassifies them". The Indian Express. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- Shrangi, Vatsala (15 July 2016). "Pothole turns sinkhole on Outer Ring Road after 11 days of inaction". hindustantimes.com. Delhi: Hindustan Times. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Delhi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Indian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|