Out of Love (song)
"Out of Love" is a song recorded by Canadian singer and songwriter Alessia Cara. Def Jam Recordings serviced it to contemporary hit radio on January 29, 2019, as the third single from Cara's second studio album The Pains of Growing (2018). Richard Nowels Jr. co-wrote it with Cara, and co-produced it with Dean Reid. "Out of Love" is a ballad which was inspired by a friend of Cara's who had a breakup.
|"Out of Love"|
|Single by Alessia Cara|
|from the album The Pains of Growing|
|Released||January 29, 2019|
|Alessia Cara singles chronology|
The artwork for "Out of Love" was unveiled on January 23, 2019. Cara has performed the song on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Background and receptionEdit
Richard Nowels Jr. co-wrote "Out of Love" with Alessia Cara, and co-produced it with Dean Reid. The song was inspired by a friend of Cara's who had a breakup. It is an "airy, slow and personally deep" song, which was created after a friend asked Cara to write a song about "somebody falling out of love with you". It was serviced to contemporary hit radio on January 29, 2019, six days after Cara unveiled its artwork.
According to Beth Bowles of Exclaim!, "Out of Love" sees the singer "demand our attention as she shows off her her vocal range, her voice smooth and rich as honey". NME's Nick Levine called the song a "big, sad ballad".
Credits and personnelEdit
Credits are referenced from the album's liner notes.
- Alessia Cara – songwriting, lead vocals
- Rick Nowels – songwriting, production, piano, strings
- Dean Reid – production, drums, engineering
- Dylan Brady – bass guitar, percussion
- Brian Griffin – drums
- Zach Rae – keyboards, strings
- Chris Gehringer – mastering
- Manny Marroquin – mixing
- Trevor Yasuda – engineering
- Chris Rockwell – engineering
- Kieron Menzies – engineering
- Patrick Warren – strings
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||24|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||29|
- Rad, Tanya (January 10, 2019). "Alessia Cara Reveals What Inspired Her Song 'Out Of Love'". KIIS-FM. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- Fekadu, Mesfin (December 10, 2018). "Alessia Cara overcomes life's negative vibes thanks to 'Pains of Growing'". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- Cara, Alessia (January 23, 2019). "Alessia Cara (@alessiasmusic) • Instagram photos and videos". Retrieved February 3, 2019 – via Instagram.
- Bowles, Beth (November 27, 2018). "Alessia Cara The Pains of Growing". Exclaim!. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- Levine, Nick (December 14, 2018). "Alessia Cara – 'The Pains Of Growing' review". NME. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- Zemler, Emily (December 5, 2018). "Watch Alessia Cara Perform Emotional New Album Cut 'Out of Love' on 'Fallon'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- Bajgrowicz, Brooke (December 5, 2018). "Alessia Cara Gets Mellow on 'Tonight Show' With Emotional 'Out of Love'". Billboard. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- Cowen, Trace William (December 5, 2018). "Anderson .Paak and Alessia Cara Lose Brutal Charades Battle to Saoirse Ronan and Jimmy Fallon". Complex. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- The Pains of Growing (Media notes). Alessia Cara. Def Jam Recordings. 2018.
- "Alessia Cara Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard. Retrieved April 2, 2019.
- "Alessia Cara Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved April 2, 2019.
- "Top 40/M Future Releases". All Access Media Group. Archived from the original on January 27, 2019. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
|This 2010s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|