The station frontage in August 2012
|Operated by||JR Hokkaido|
|Line(s)||■ Hakodate Main Line|
|Distance||252.5 km from Hakodate|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Opened||June 28, 1903|
|Previous names||Otaru Chūō; Takashima Station|
Chūō Otaru (until 1920)
|Passengers (FY2015)||8,973 daily|
Otaru Station is served by the Hakodate Main Line.
The station consists of two island platforms serving four tracks. The station has automated ticket machines, automated turnstiles which accept Kitaca, and a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office.
|1, 2, 4||■ Hakodate Main Line||for Sapporo|
for Yoichi, Kutchan and Oshamambe
|5||■ Hakodate Main Line||for Sapporo|
Otaru Station opened on 28 June 1903. The station name was originally Otaru Chūō Station (小樽中央駅 Otaru Chūō eki). The name was changed on 15 October 1904 to Takashima Station (高島駅 Takashima eki), on 15 December 1905 to Chūō Otaru Station (中央小樽駅 Chūō Otaru eki) and on 15 July 1920 to the present one. From 11 June 1900 to 14 July 1920, present-day Minami-Otaru Station was called Otaru Station.
- Otaru Park
- Otaru City Office
- Otaru University of Commerce
- "JR Hokkaido Route Map" (PDF). Hokkaido Railway Company. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-12-07. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- "Service Range Kitaca". JR Hokkaido. Archived from the original on 2016-11-19. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- 日本国有鉄道停車場一覧 [JNR Station Directory]. Japan: Japanese National Railways. 1985. p. 184. ISBN 4-533-00503-9.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 813. ISBN 4533029809.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)