This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018)
Osmaniye Province (Turkish: Osmaniye ili) is a province in south-central Turkey. It was named Cebel-i Bereket (lit. 'Fertile Mountain') in the early republic until 1933, when it was incorporated into Adana Province. It was made a province again in 1996. It covers an area of 3,767 km2 and has a population of 557.160. The province is situated in Çukurova, a geographical, economical and cultural region. The capital of the province is Osmaniye. Other major towns include Kadirli and Düziçi.
|• Electoral district||Osmaniye|
|• Governor||Erdinç Yılmaz|
|• Total||3,767 km2 (1,454 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (370/sq mi)|
Osmaniye province is divided into 7 districts (capital district in bold):
Historical sites and ruinsEdit
- Karakucak Wrestling Festival - Kadirli (25–26 May)
- "Population of provinces by years - 2000-2018". Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- (in Turkish) Osmaniye governor's official website
- (in Turkish) Osmaniye municipality's official website
- (in Turkish) Osmaniye Haber
- (in English) Osmaniye weather forecast information