Oscar (footballer, born 1954)
José Oscar Bernardi (born June 20, 1954), nicknamed Oscar, is a Brazilian former association footballer who played as a defender. He notably represented the Brazil national football team at international level, and played as a starter in defence at the 1978 and 1982 FIFA World Cups, while he was a reserve in 1986. He was capped almost 60 times for Brazil between April 1978 and May 1986, and scored two goals. At club level, he played for São Paulo Futebol Clube and Associação Atlética Ponte Preta in Brazil.
Oscar (born 20 June 1954) — Brazil NFT Defender (1978–1986)
|Full name||José Oscar Bernardi|
|Date of birth||June 20, 1954|
|Place of birth||Monte Siao, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|1980||New York Cosmos||3||(0)|
|1995–1996||Kyoto Purple Sanga|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Oscar also played for American side New York Cosmos in 1980 and Japanese team Nissan FC between 1987 and 1989. After his professional retirement, he coached several football clubs in Japan and Brazil. He now runs an athletic training center in Monte Sião, Minas Gerais. Oscar Bernardi founded a football club, named Brasilis Futebol Clube, in 2007.
|1980||New York Cosmos||NASL||3||0|
|1980||São Paulo||Série A||0||0|
|Brazil national team|
|Kyoto Purple Sanga||1996||1996||15||0||0||15||0.00|
- Campeonato Paulista: 1980, 1981, 1985, 1987
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A: 1986
- Japan Soccer League Division 1: 1988–89, 1989–90
- Brazilian Silver Ball: 1977
- "Brasilis Futebol Clube" (in Portuguese). Federação Paulista de Futebol. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 21, 2011. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- Oscar at National-Football-Teams.com
- J.League Data Site Archived October 23, 2016, at the Wayback Machine(in Japanese)