Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. (大阪ガス株式会社 or 大阪瓦斯株式会社 Ōsaka Gasu Kabushiki-gaisha), commonly written as 大阪ガス, is a Japanese gas company based in Osaka, Japan. It supplies gas to the Kansai region, especially the Keihanshin area.
大阪瓦斯株式会社 (with ateji)
|Ōsaka Gasu kabushiki gaisha|
|Traded as||TYO: 9532|
|Industry||Energy Producer and Services Provider|
|Founded||Nishi-ku, Osaka, Japan (April 15, 1897 )|
|Hiroshi Ozaki (President)|
|Products||Liquefied natural gas, Energy|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Osaka Gas is also engaged in upstream, midstream and downstream energy projects throughout the world, including LNG terminals, pipelines and independent power projects, particularly in Southeast Asia, Australia and North America.
- Service area : 3,220 km², 68 million households.
- Annual gas sales : 8,5 billion m³.
- Pipeline : 56,500km in Japan.
- The company owns upstream oil and gas assets in Norway and Australia, including Gorgon LNG, Sunrise LNG and Crux projects in Australia  and Qalhat LNG in Oman.
- It also owns pipeline and power assets internationally.
Osaka Gas began operations in 1897 in Nishi-ku, Osaka, on a site now occupied by the Dome City Gas Building near the Kyocera Dome. It expanded to Wakayama in 1911. Following the end of World War II, in October 1945, Osaka Gas merged with 14 other gas companies in the Kansai region, expanding its footprint to cover Kobe and Kyoto.
Omni Escapes Magazine Escapes Magazine Summer 2018
- Osaka Gas Official Website
- Acquisition of Interest in Qalhat LNG Project
- Acquisition of Interest in Crux project in Australia
- Australian Pipe & Power Business
- Participation in Gorgon LNG Project
- Participation in Hallet 4 Wind Farm project
- Gorgon project
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|