Osaka 12th district
Ōsaka 12th district (大阪12区 Ōsaka jūni-ku) is a single-member electoral district for the House of Representatives, the lower house of the National Diet of Japan. It is located in North-eastern Osaka and covers the cities of Neyagawa, Daitō and Shijōnawate. As of September 2012, 342,226 voters were registered district, giving its voters slightly above average vote weight.
The most recent representative from the district was LDP's Tomokatsu Kitagawa (the son of pre-reform three-member 7th district LDP Representative Ishimatsu Kitagawa). In 2012, he was one of only three Liberal Democrats in Osaka to win a district seat. He had first won the seat in the "postal privatization" election of 2005. The first incumbent was Democrat Shinji Tarutoko who had first been elected to the House of Representatives in 1993 in the 7th district for the Japan New Party. After the electoral reform, he won the new single-member 12th district three times in a row before losing it to Kitagawa in 2005. In the landslide Democratic victory of 2009, Tarutoko regained the 12th district by a solid margin. He founded his own faction (Tarutoko group, officially: Seizankai) in 2010, ran for the DPJ presidency in 2010, became DPJ vice-secretary-general in 2011 and a minister of state in the Noda Cabinet in 2012. In 2012, he only finished third behind Kitagawa and Your Party's Ryōma Ishii. Kitagawa died mid-term on 26 December 2018, triggering a by-election in April 2019.
List of representativesEdit
|Shinji Tarutoko||NFP||1996–2000||Joined Morihiro Hosokawa's From Five in the dissolution of the NFP, merged into Minseitō in 1998|
|DPJ||2000–2005||Failed re-election in the Kinki PR block|
|Tomokatsu Kitagawa||LDP||2005–2009||Failed re-election in the Kinki PR block|
|Shinji Tarutoko||DPJ||2009–2012||Failed re-election in the Kinki PR block|
|Tomokatsu Kitagawa||LDP||2012–2018||Died in office|
|Vacant||2018 – 2019|
|Fumitake Fujita||Ishin||2019 –|
Recent election resultsEdit
|LDP – Kōmeitō||Tomokatsu Kitagawa||76,972||39.9||+3.8|
|YP – JRP||Ryōma Ishii||49,750||25.8||new|
|DPJ – PNP||Shinji Tarutoko||49,153||25.5||-27.7|
|DPJ – PNP||Shinji Tarutoko||119,084||53.2|
|LDP – Kōmeitō||Tomokatsu Kitagawa||80,847||36.1|
|LDP||Tomokatsu Kitagawa (elected by PR)||81,270||44.1|
- Ministry of general affairs: 平成24年9月2日現在選挙人名簿及び在外選挙人名簿登録者数
- "北川知克・衆院議員が死去、６７歳 元環境副大臣" (in Japanese). Asahi Shimbun. 27 December 2018. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- 総選挙2012>開票結果 小選挙区 大阪. Yomiuri Shimbun (in Japanese). Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- 第45回衆議院議員選挙 - 大阪12区. ザ･選挙 (in Japanese). Heartbeats Corp., originally JANJAN. Retrieved 2012-11-02. External link in
- 第44回衆議院議員選挙 - 大阪12区. ザ･選挙 (in Japanese). Heartbeats Corp., originally JANJAN. Retrieved 2012-11-02. External link in
- 第43回衆議院議員選挙 - 大阪12区. ザ･選挙 (in Japanese). Heartbeats Corp., originally JANJAN. Retrieved 2012-11-02. External link in
- 第43回衆議院議員選挙 - 近畿比例区 - 自民. ザ･選挙 (in Japanese). Heartbeats Corp., originally JANJAN. Retrieved 2012-11-02. External link in