Oru Veedu Oru Ulagam (transl. One House, One World) is a 1978 Indian Tamil-language drama film directed and written by Durai from a story by G. Lalitha. The film stars Srikanth and Shoba, with Major Sundarrajan, Delhi Ganesh, Suruli Rajan, Pandari Bai, Suruli Rajan and Vijay Babu in supporting roles. It was released on 1 December 1978, and Durai won the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Director.
|Oru Veedu Oru Ulagam|
|Story by||G. Lalitha|
|Produced by||B. Dass|
|Edited by||R. Devan|
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (March 2022)
Gowri is the daughter of a piously Brahmin household. She has to overcome considerable parental resistance to be allowed access to higher education. Her respect for her divorced professor is misunderstood by some, resulting in her father wanting to discontinue her studies. But she is rescued by marrying Murali, who happens to be her father's friend ARK's son. ARK and Murali are forward in their outlook and Gowri has a wonderful marriage. But when her husband is accidentally drowned, her parents insist on her leading the austere and repressed life of a widow. However, ARK intervenes and manages to get his daughter-in-law remarried.
- Srikanth as Amalraj
- Shoba as Gowri
- Major Sundarrajan as ARK
- Delhi Ganesh as the Gurukkal
- Pandari Bai
- Suruli Rajan
- Vijay Babu as Murali
Oru Veedu Oru Ulagam was directed by Durai and produced by Dass and Raghunath under the banner Movie International. The screenplay was written by Durai and the dialogues by Vietnam Veedu Sundaram from a story by G. Lalitha.
The soundtrack of the film was composed by M. S. Viswanathan, while the lyrics were written by Vaali, Alangudi Somu and Pulamaipithan.
|1.||"Rathi Devi Sannidhiyil"||Pulamaipithan||T. L. Maharajan, B. S. Sasirekha|
|2.||"Vandanam Vandanam"||Vaali||Kovai Soundararajan, L. R. Eswari|
|3.||"Kumbakonam Kozhunthu"||Alangudi Somu||L. R. Eswari|
- ^ a b c d e "Oru Veedu Oru Ulagam ( 1978 )". Cinesouth. Archived from the original on 23 August 2004. Retrieved 21 September 2022.
- ^ a b Rajadhyaksha & Willemen 1998, p. 438.
- ^ "Oru Veedu Oru Ulagam (1978)". BFI. Archived from the original on 11 March 2022. Retrieved 11 March 2022.
- ^ "Oru Veedu Oru Ulagam (1978)". Screen4Screen. Archived from the original on 24 June 2022. Retrieved 11 March 2022.
- ^ Sundar, Anusha (11 January 2022). "Tamil Film Producer M Muthuraman Dies at 83". Silverscreen India. Archived from the original on 21 September 2022. Retrieved 21 September 2022.
- ^ a b c d e "ஒரு வீடு ஒரு உலகம்". Kalki (in Tamil). 30 July 1978. pp. 18–19. Archived from the original on 27 June 2022. Retrieved 27 June 2022.
- ^ "Filmography". directordurai.net. Archived from the original on 22 October 2017. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- ^ "BOLLYWOOD INDIAN Oru Veedu Oru Ulagam M.S. VISWANATHAN 7" 45 RPM EMI Columbia PS EP 1978". Ecrater. Archived from the original on 8 May 2018. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1998) . Encyclopaedia of Indian Cinema. British Film Institute and Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-563579-5.