Ormayundo Ee Mukham
Ormayundo Ee Mukham (English: Do You Remember This Face) is a 2014 Malayalam romantic musical film written and directed by Anvar Sadik, featuring Vineeth Sreenivasan and Namitha Pramod in the lead roles. The film features musical score by Shaan Rahman. The film released on 14 November 2014. It is inspired by the Hollywood movie 50 First Dates.
|Ormayundo Ee Mukham|
|Directed by||Anvar Sadik|
|Produced by||Jaison Elamgulam|
|Written by||Anvar Sadik|
|Music by||Shaan Rahman|
|Distributed by||RJ Creations (India)|
The story first shows Nithya (Namitha Pramod) a sand artist doing her program. When she is on her way home, she gets into an accident, which leads to memory loss that can only allow her remember anything for just 24 hours. She keeps a memory book (orma pusthakam) where she jots down all her memories.
Then we meet Gautham (Vineeth Sreenivasan), a young businessman who also suffers from temporary memory problems. His mother (Rohini) get annoyed with him and asks him to marry a girl, Hema (Muktha), whom he doesn't like. Angry with his mother because of this, he and his grandmother (Lakshmi) make a plan. The plan is that he will say that he is in love with another girl and the next day they are going to have a date.
The next morning he goes for a walk around the city looking for a date. He then meets Nithya and watches her sand art and memory show. They fall in love. Nithya does not write her memories of Gautham in her memory book, as she thinks if they are real soul mates then this magic will happen.
The next day they meet, but Nithya does not recognize Gautham. Then Gautham, his friend Apoorva (Aju Vargese) and Nithya's sister Neetu (Soumya Sadanandan) make up plans to meet Nithya again, and at last he succeeds. He tells his mother that he loves Nithya and then brings her to his house. There they realize their love for each Other.
The next day Nithya forgets him, but reminds herself about him after reading her memory book. She then says that they can never stay together and so tears his memories from her book. They go their separate ways. Later Gautham is travelling to the US for a meeting, and he meets Neetu at the airport. She says that Nithya is fine. She then shows him the video of Nithya's program.
He sees that the pictures drawn were related to him. That moment he abandons his trip and goes to watch Nithya's show. When she sees him there, she gets draws her image of him. But when he asks her whether she remembers him, she says no. Gautham returns, and then sees his mother in the auditorium. His mother asks him to turn back. When he looks at the screen he sees Nithya drawing his face. Gautham runs back to the stage and asks her "whether she really does not know him." She replies that "even without knowing who you are I used to draw your pictures." Then they understand that even though she forgets everything after 24 hours, she will never be able to forget him as she loves him.
Then they marry and live happily ever after.
- Namitha Pramod as Nithya, Sand animation artist
- Vineeth Sreenivasan as Gautham, Young businessman
- Aju Varghese as Apoorva, Gautham's best pal
- Soumya Sadanandan as Neethu, Nithya's Sister
- Rohini as Vasundhara Devi, Gautham's mother
- Lakshmi as Gautham's grand mother
- Muktha as Hema
- Idavela Babu as Hema's Father
- Anju Aravind as Hema's Mother
- Mukesh as Nithya's Doctor/ Uncle John Kuruvilla
- Reena Basheer
- Raveendran as Gautham's Father
- Bhagath Manuel
|Ormayundo Ee Mukham|
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||24 October 2014|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Shaan Rahman chronology|
The film's soundtrack was composed by Shaan Rahman, Vineeth Sreenivasan's usual associate. The lyrics of these songs by Manu Manjith (Chayunnuvo, Doore Doore, Payye Payye) and Vineeth Sreenivasan The album, which was launched in late October 2014 in Kochi, features six tracks including one reprise.
The album was well received by critics and public alike.
|3.||"Doore Doore"||Vineeth Sreenivasan||3:02|
|4.||"Doore Doore (Reprise)"||Rinu Razak||2:59|
|5.||"Ee Mizhikalin"||Vineeth Sreenivasan, Mridula Warrier||3:41|
Akhila Menon of filmiBeat rated the film 3.5/5 and described it as "a pleasant superficial love story." India glitz rated it 6/10. Onlookersmedia said "The newcomer Anvar had done a terrific job as a writer and director and all in all this film has become a very good entertainer for all kind of spectators."
- "Of Love and Other Emotions".
- George, Vijay (4 September 2014). "On location: Notes on romance" – via www.thehindu.com.
- V.P, Nicy. "'Ormayundo Ee Mugham' Critics Review Roundup: Vineeth-Namitha Starrer Gains Positive Response".
- V.P, Nicy. "Shooting of 'Ormayundo Ee Mukham' Starring Vineeth and Namitha Begins".
- "'Ormayundo Ee Mugam' Starts Rolling".
- "Ormayundo ee mugham shooting progresses - Times of India".
- "'Ormayundo Ee Mugham' audio launched".
- "There are six songs in Ormayundo Ee Mugham - Times of India".
- "Ormayundo Ee Mukham Movie Review: A Flimsy Love Story". 14 November 2014.
- "Ormayundo Ee Mukham review. Ormayundo Ee Mukham Malayalam movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com".