Order of battle for the 2019 Turkish offensive into north-eastern Syria
This is the order of battle for the 2019 Turkish offensive into north-eastern Syria, codenamed "Operation Peace Spring" by Turkey. The pro-Turkish forces, including the Syrian National Army, are opposed by the armed forces of the NES, including the Syrian Democratic Forces.
Turkey and allied forcesEdit
- Turkish Armed Forces
- General Directorate of Security
- Syrian National Army
- First Legion
- Second Legion
- Third Legion
- Fourth Legion
- Fifth Legion
- Other SNA factions
- Liwa Ahrar Ras al-Ayn
SDF and allied forcesEdit
- Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF)
- People's Protection Units (YPG)
- Women's Protection Units (YPJ)
- Syriac Military Council (MFS)
- Martyr Nubar Ozanyan Brigade
- SDF military councils
- Rojava security forces
Allied armed groups:
- "Suriye sınırına askeri sevkiyat". Timeturk.com.
- "SBarış Pınarı Harekatı". Timeturk.com.
- Desk, News (October 8, 2019). "Turkish-backed militants amass near Syrian border town for new offensive".
- "Which Syrian Groups Are Involved in Turkey's Syria Offensive?". Voice of America.
- Tastekin, Fehim (13 October 2019). "Who are the Turkish-backed forces in latest Syria incursion?". al-Monitor. Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- Haber, Internet (October 9, 2019). "Fırat'ın doğusuna operasyonda YPG'ye Kürt Şahinleri Tugayı darbesi". https://www.internethaber.com/firatin-dogusuna-operasyonda-ypgye-kurt-sahinleri-tugayi-darbesi-foto-galerisi-2055463.htm. External link in
- Al-Tamimi, Aymenn Jawad. "Turkish Operations East of the Euphrates: A Rebel Perspective". Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamimi.
- "فيلق المجد on Twitter: "#الجيش_الوطني #فيلق_المجد انطلاق مقاتلي فيلق المجد للمشاركة بمعركة #نبع_السلام… "". web.archive.org. October 13, 2019.
- "Opinion: We are under attack in Syria, and only the UN can stop our precious democratic project being ground into the dust". The Independent. October 11, 2019.
- Szuba, Jared (10 October 2019). "'The border is on fire': Turkey's ground forces battle Syria's Kurds near Tal Abyad". The Defense Post. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "The Armenian Battalion taking part in defense of Serêkaniyê". ANF News. 12 October 2019. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- "The tal abyad defenders coalition". pbs.twimg.com.
- "Syrian Rebellion Obs on Twitter: "ADD.: forces involved in the defense of the town is the mainly arab composed local council, formed on remnants of the Kataeb al-Farouk (that reforged themselves in new forces inside #SDF) as Liwa Ahrar #Raqqa (also part of #SDF), former Liwa al-Jihad (#FSA too)."". web.archive.org. 10 October 2019.
- "من هي "قوات سوريا الديمقراطية".. ومِما تتألف؟". Lebanon24.
- Bali, Mustafa (October 10, 2019). "Al-Hawl military council declared that they will deploy their forces on the border to fight against Turkish invasion.pic.twitter.com/icMHnQse1l".
- Manbij Military Council (14 October 2019). "قوات مجلس منبج العسكري تحبط هجوماً لمرتزقة درع الفرات". المجلس العسكري لمدينة منبج وريفها (in Arabic). Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- ""Jarabulus Military Council" targets a vehicle south of Jarabulus by a guided missile leaving 2 persons dead in conjunction with an assassination targeted members of Turkey-loyal factions south of Azaz". SOHR. 13 October 2019. Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- "Heavy fighting in Aleppo as opposition eyes 'new strategy' • The Syrian Observatory For Human Rights". March 6, 2015.
- "SDF: 118 invading forces members killed". ANF News. Retrieved 2019-10-16.
- "Syrian Army to enter strategic city in Raqqa for first time since 2014". October 14, 2019.
- Perper, Rosie (October 14, 2019). "https://www.businessinsider.de/kurdish-forces-deal-with-assad-army-northern-syria-turkey-attack-2019-10?r=US&IR=T". External link in
- "Why is Turkey invading northeast Syria?". Middle East Eye. Retrieved 2019-10-16.