Order of Aeronautical Merit (Brazil)
The Order of Aeronautical Merit (Portuguese: Ordem do Mérito Aeronáutico) is an award of the Brazilian Air Force, established on 1 November 1943 by President Getúlio Vargas. The order is presented in five grades and recognizes distinguished service and exceptional contributions to the Brazilian Air Force.
|Order of Aeronautical Merit|
|Awarded by Brazilian Air Force|
|Awarded for||Distinguished service and exceptional contributions to the Brazilian Air Force.|
|Established||1 November 1943|
The order is awarded in the following grades:
- Stéphane Abrial, French
- Henri Sauvan, French
- Ira C. Eaker, American
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, American, Grand Cross (August 5, 1946)
- Leonard T. Gerow, American
- Bruce K. Holloway, American
- Jonas H. Ingram, American
- Jacques Paul Klein, American
- Curtis LeMay, American
- Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, Brazilian
- Donald A. Quarles, American
- John Dale Ryan, American
- Michael E. Ryan, American
- Robertson, Megan C. (14 July 2007). "The Federative Republic of Brazil: Order of Aeronautical Merit". Medals of the World. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "DECRETO No 3.446, DE 4 DE MAIO DE 2000. Aprova o Regulamento da Ordem do Mérito Aeronáutico e dá outras providências". Palácio do Planalto (in Portuguese). Presidência da República Casa Civil Subchefia para Assuntos Jurídicos. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "USA and Foreign Decorations of Dwight D Eisenhower". Dwight D Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum. National Archives and Records Administration (United States Government). Archived from the original on 18 November 2016. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
Brazil: Order of Aeronautical Merit, Grand Cross (August 5, 1946)