This article needs to be updated.April 2017)(
Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd, commonly referred to as Oppo, is a Chinese consumer electronics and mobile communications company headquartered in Dongguan, Guangdong, in China, and known for its smartphones, Blu-ray players and other electronic devices that are made in China. A leading manufacturer of smartphones, Oppo was the top smartphone brand in China in 2016 and was ranked No. 8 worldwide.
OPPO广东移动通信有限公司 or 广东欧珀移动通信有限公司
|Founded||2001 (company founded) |
2004 (globally registered)
|Founder||Chen Mingyong (陈明永)|
|Chen Mingyong (陈明永) (Founder & CEO)|
|Products||Hi-fi, home theatre, Audiovisual, smartphones|
|Chinese||OPPO广东移动通信有限公司 or 广东欧珀移动通信有限公司|
|Literal meaning||Guangdong Oppo Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.|
The brand name Oppo was registered in China in 2001 and launched in 2004. Since then, they have expanded to all parts of the world.
Korean boy band 2PM prepared a song known as "Follow Your Soul" in a promotional deal with Oppo for launching its brand in Thailand in 2010. In June 2015, the company signed an agreement with FC Barcelona to sponsor the Spanish football club.
In 2016, PBA tied up with this company as its official smartphone partner starting from 2016 PBA Commissioner's Cup which was held on February 10.
Oppo also hires celebrity endorsers in Vietnam, especially Sơn Tùng M-TP who endorses three smartphone units like Neo 5, Neo 7 and F1s. Oppo made a sponsorship to one of Vietnam's top-rated reality shows, The Face Vietnam.
In October 2017, Oppo Thailand launched a new ad of Oppo F5 smartphone with a new ad presenter: famous Thai actor, Nadech Kugimiya. Oppo Malaysia also launched a new Oppo F5 smartphone with Fattah Amin and Ayda Jebat as their brand ambassadors.
In 2017, Oppo won the bid to sponsor the Indian national cricket team and has achieved the rights to display their logo on the team’s kits from 2017 to 2022. Within this period the Indian national cricket team will play 259 International matches consisting of 62 Tests, 152 ODIs, and 45 T20 Internationals. This number also includes the 2019 World Cup in England and 2020 T20 World Cup in Australia. The current base price for bilateral matches involving India has been set at Rs 4.1 crore (approx.) and for Asian Cricket Council (ACC) and International Cricket Council (ICC) matches, it is Rs 1.56 crore (approx.) - almost a four-fold increase from its earlier rate.[relevant? ]
In 2019 Oppo became a sponsoring partner of the French Open Grand Slam tennis tournament that is held in Roland-Garros, Paris.
This section may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may interest only a particular audience.July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
Headphones and amplifiersEdit
In 2014, Oppo released a number of high end headphones and amplifiers. The flagship PM-1 and PM-2 headphones along with the HA-1 desktop amplifier have been heavily promoted in the audio community. One blogger declares the PM-2 is "near to perfect".
Released in 2015, the HA-2, was a portable version of the HA-1 amp/DAC which featured a battery pack option as well as a stitched leather casing. The phone played music in real-time to the HA-2 (via the included Android or iOS micro USB cable, or USB cable if from PC). It also can be charged using an included "rapid charger" charging kit. The battery pack feature can only be used simultaneously while the HA-2 is used to play music if the playing (source) device is an Apple iOS device. In October 2016 an updated version was released with a new DAC chip and now named HA-2SE. Otherwise, it was the same as the HA-2.
- Pandaily (15 January 2019). "2018 China's Top 10 Global Tech Companies by Pandaily". Pandaily. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- "IDC：OPPO tops the Chinese smartphone market for the very first time". www.idc.com. Archived from the original on 6 July 2017. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "About Us - OPPO Global". www.oppo.com. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "TECHNOXMART | Oppo Becomes the Leading Smartphone Brand in China in June 2016". www.technoxmart.com. Archived from the original on 28 July 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- Upstarts on top / How OPPO and Vivo are beating Apple, Xiaomi and the gang. Economist, February 4th-10th 2017, page 56.
- Hotmaster121 (25 May 2019). "[M/V] TECHNOXMART". Retrieved 25 May 2019 – via Web Url.
- "Launched Oppo F7 with Bezel-Less Display and 25 Megapixel Camera in India; Price, Specification". technoxmart.com. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Oppo phones". technoxmart.com. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Oppo Reno Series Launch on May 28 in India: Check Prices, Reno 10X Zoom Edition Models, Reno Specifications". technoxmart.com. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Oppo PM-2 Headphone Review". www.AudiophileON.com. Archived from the original on 29 May 2015. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "National flag protest: Oppo halts production at Noida plant - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- shivam, dubey (25 May 2019). "Oppo A7 4GB Ram Variation, Oppo R17 Pro Cost in India Cut by Up to Rs. 10,000 Statement - technoxmart Blog". technoxmart Blog. Retrieved 25 May 2019.[unreliable source?]