Open University of Tanzania
The Open University of Tanzania (OUT) is a distance learning public university in Tanzania. It was established by an Act of Parliament No. 17 of 1992. It is a single mode institution offering certificate, diploma and degree courses through distance learning. Its headquarters is situated in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and conducts its operations through 30 Regional Centres and 70 Study Centres. The university has a capacity of approximately 70,000 students both local and international ones.
Chuo Kikuu Huria Cha Tanzania (Swahili)
|Motto||Affordable Quality Education for all|
|Eastern Africa Statistical Training Centre, Korea University, Linkoping University, Laweh Open University|
|Chairman||Prof. Rwekaza Mukandala|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Elifas Tozo Bisanda|
|Prof. Deus Ngaruko|
|Prof. George Oreku|
|Colors||Blue, Yellow, Black, White|
|Affiliations||AAU, ACU, IAU|
It consists of:
- Directorate of Regional Services
- Directorate of Research and Postgraduate Studies
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Business Management
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science, Technology and Environmental Studies
- Institute of Educational and Management Technologies
- Institute of Continuing Education
- "Register of Universities" (PDF). Tanzania Commission for Universities. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "History of The University – The Open University Of Tanzania". Retrieved 2020-05-25.