Open Medicine (John Willinsky journal)
Open Medicine was a peer-reviewed open-access medical journal established in April 2007 by former editors from the Canadian Medical Association Journal. The editor-in-chief was Anita Palepu (University of British Columbia), the publisher was John Willinsky. The journal ceased publishing in November 2014, with the editors citing limited funding as among the reasons for the closure. The journal was abstracted and indexed in MEDLINE/PubMed. All content is archived on PubMed Central.
|Edited by||Anita Palepu|
John Willinsky (Canada)
|License||Creative Commons Attribution Share-alike 2.5 License|
|ISO 4||Open Med.|
- Spurgeon, D. (2006). "Canadian medical journal faces threat from new online rival". BMJ. 333 (7563): 319. doi:10.1136/bmj.333.7563.319. PMC 1539081. PMID 16902209.
- "Former CMAJ editors launch advertising-free medical journal". canada.com. CanWest MediaWorks Publications. 2007-04-17.
- Willinsky, John; Murray, Sally; Kendall, Claire; Palepu, Anita (2014-01-01). Doing medical journals differently: Open Medicine, open access and academic freedom. The Future of the Academic Journal. pp. 331–356. doi:10.1533/9781780634647.331. ISBN 9781843347835.
- Kendall, Claire; Maskalyk, James; Palepu, Anita (2014-11-04). "Closing Open Medicine". Open Medicine. 8 (4): e147–e149. ISSN 1911-2092. PMC 4242792. PMID 25426183.
- "Canadian medical journal, Open Medicine, stops publishing". CBC News. Canadian Press. 4 November 2014. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
- "Open Medicine". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-05.