Ooststellingwerf (Dutch: [ˈoːststɛlɪŋˌʋɛr(ə)f] (listen); Stellingwarfs: Ooststellingwarf) is a municipality in the province of Friesland in the northern Netherlands. It is one of the municipalities of Friesland where the spoken language is not West Frisian; instead, Stellingwerfs, a dialect of Dutch Low Saxon, is spoken here.
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Harry Oosterman (CDA)|
|• Total||226.11 km2 (87.30 sq mi)|
|• Land||223.42 km2 (86.26 sq mi)|
|• Water||2.69 km2 (1.04 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Density||114/km2 (300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The hamlets within the municipality are: 't Hoogezand, Aekinga, Bekhof, Bentemaden, Boekhorst, Bovenveld, Bûterheideveld, Buttinga, Canada, De Bult, De Knolle, De Koelanden, De Monden (partially), De Riete, Deddingabuurt, Drie Tolhekken, Elleboog, Egypte, Frankrijk, Hoogeduurswoude, Janssenstichting, Jardinga, Konijnenbuurt, Koudenburg, Klazinga, Laagduurswoude, Medhuizen, Moskou (partially), Nanninga, Nieuwe Vaart, Oude Willem (partially), Petersburg (partially), Prandinga, Rolpaal, Schottelenburg, Schrappinga, Terwisscha, Tronde, Twijtel, Veneburen, Venekoten, Weper, Weperpolder, Willemstad, Zuid (partially) and Zuidhorn.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Ooststellingwerf, June 2015
- Anne Vondeling (1916 in Appelscha – 1979) a Dutch politician
- Prof Dirk ter Haar FRSE FIP (1919 in Oosterwolde – 2002) an Anglo-Dutch physicist
- Piet Bergveld (born 1940 in Oosterwolde) a Dutch emeritus professor of biosensors, invented ISFET
- Joop Alberda (born 1952 in Oosterwolde) a retired volleyball coach
- Halbe Zijlstra (born 1969 in Oosterwolde) a retired Dutch politician
- Jan Kromkamp (born 1980 in Makkinga) a Dutch retired footballer with 316 club caps
- Sjoerd Hamburger (born 1983 in Oldeberkoop) a rower who competes in the single scull, competed in the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics
- Marrit Steenbergen (born 2000 in Ooststellingwerf) a Dutch competitive swimmer, gold medallist at the 2015 European Games
- "College" [Executive board] (in Dutch). Gemeente Ooststellingwerf. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 8431LE". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.